Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned this before but did not get much response. I have the Hurst short throw shifter in my Bullitt and on a warm day after driving an hour or so, the stick gets very hot. The ball is ceramic so its ok but the stick is cooking. The side of the console gets very warm. Do you think I have a exhaust leak or some other issue? I have never smelled exhaust in the car but I cannot believe it is normal for the stick shift to get so hot while driving. Any ideas?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mine gets pretty warm too... That's just part of having a Hurst. Mine also rattles, but it grows on you.

·
Registered
913 Posts
My Roush would get hot too. I removed the rubber boot that is below the shift boot and replaced it with some heat resistent dynamat. No that the dynamat is on the console doesnt get as warm.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Like JJ used to say " Dynomat"

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have a Steeda Tri-ax and it gets damn hot during the summer months. Dynamat sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I too was beginning to experience this with my Hurst, in the past month.
I just figured it had somethign to do with it having less insulation?
I love the clicking noise of the shifter when it hits the gear, but I'm not fond of the rattle.

Is there anyway to remedy the rattle?

What is Dynamat, and where can I get some?

Last Question regarding Hursts.
I think my dealer installed the shift boot improperly.
In every picture of a HURST shifter I see the retaining gasket with the shift boot on it, but not pulled completely over it.
You should be able to see the rubber retaining gasket right?
They just pulled the boot over, so its taught with the steel shift handle.
Can I fix this without making a mess?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts