Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First official post so I'll get right to it. I have the Hurst billet shifter installed on my 08 bullitt and the transmission noise is driving me crazy. I heard from other forums that people with this problem sometimes change out the polyurethane bushings on the hurst to the stock black ones. I figure the stock ones are soft enough to dampen most of the noise but what do you all think? Anyone have any success with this?

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Might help!

I eventually gave up on my Hurst shifter. I tried every fix and everything I could think of, but the vibration drove me crazy. If your Bullitt is stock the bushings may help. I eventually gave up and got the MGW shifter that most people have and love. It's great and solves the vibration problem.

Kenjo

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
When you tear into it to replace the bushings, remove the Hurst, replace it with an MGW, and then toss the replacement bushings. Problem solved. :idea::wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up replacing the rear bushing with the stock one. No vibrations now!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I have never had any vibrations or rattles with my Hurst.
Note: Hurst makes two different styles. I have the Hurst Billet Competition Plus Shifter.
I also have the MGW. They are both great shifters. I'm not trying to start any debate but just saying The MGW goes into gears easier, but the Hurst has the old school feel I like, makes me feel like a young grease monkey with his hot rod. MGW I feel like a stuffy englishman intent on precision driving. Hurst = bluejeans MGW = 3 piece suit & tie.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Good description..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't intend on starting the whole Hurst vs. MGW debate when I posted haha but if I didn't have the hurst it would probably be the MGW.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I had to get a Hurst shifter to match my Hurst hat & shirt..

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI,
Initially I was also facing the same problem of noise vibrations with Hurst shifter.Then I replaced it with the polyurethane bushings,and there were no noise problem over the bumps.It also made the drive much smoother.But it is not necessary that Hurst shifter is not good at times it works great.

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
garrottrobinson, welcome to the site!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts