Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that are contemplating buying a chip or having to correct your speedo due to a gear change. Hypertech now offers their Power Programmer III for the 4.6 Mustang. It costs just a little more than a chip would cost but the advantage is that you can change it at any time or do your friends cars too.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/index.html

DHG Bullitt #2713
82 GT
72 Mach I

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Railcop094 on 2002-01-24 01:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Any questions on this, let me know. I live not too far from Hypertech and toured the facility not too long ago. They are right down the street from my friends house and his '01 Z-28 was their test mule for last years Camaro Power Programmer. Sean with Hypertech even drives a 5.0 coupe, himself. :grin: A really great guy!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a question. How much does this cost? I am debating on weather or not to get gears, and I will need to reset my speedo. Dallas Mustangs offers a speedcal. http://www.dallasmustang.com/ Would it be worth any extra cash? Does anybody have the gears and speedo adjustment that they recommend?

DHG 3840

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
This looks like this would be a good thing to look into. A couple questions though. 1) Will it work with the Bullitt engine? I know it's the same as a GT's, but there are some significant differences. Does it take into consideration any mods made to a stock engine like pullies and such? And 2) How much? This could actually be cheaper than what I had planned. The speedo adjuster from Dallas Mustang and the Steeda timing adjuster.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So does this thing have a couple of pre-programmed loads in it or what? Is it dynamic or does it just reflash your computer with a couple of standard loada? Can you re-program the loads that are in it?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't believe it has any pre-loads in it but you can certainly give them a call. They are happy to talk to you about them. Basically you have 6 areas of adjustment. You plug in and read what you have and make note of it. Then you can tinker with the parameters. It comes with a manual to help you out. Last time I priced one, it was around $300 dollars. But heck, a chip will cost you $250. I would give them a call to see if it will work on a Bullitt motor. I have no reason to believe that it would not work just fine.

I am about to install some gears and Dallas Mustang wants $85 to re-burn my chip. I think that's a bit excessive. I might rather spend the $300 to not have to deal with them any more. If that is the case I will have a chip for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts