Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Camero guys, today at the show I was at I was talking to some 2001 LS1 guy's and they're bummed.... GM is cutting the artery on their cars..... One guy named Andy was just like me except his loyalty is miss directed, He knows the production Numbers on his vert, and his old T-top car.... He's spend the time getting certifcation from GM on his car.... He's meet the Camero team who made his car come to life. He's got the autographs on the shock towers to prove it.... In other words he is just like me...
If Ford had pulled the plug on the Mustang I think I would know how he would feel.... Lost! Abandoned! ****$ed.
Nasty I know I should have put this post on Nadda Bullitt but I figured you wouldn't mind.... Because it's not about Mustangs or Chevy's it's about who we are.... If we all like the same thing we would be stuck still living in cave....
I for one am going to miss the Camero. Mustangs arch rival, We need the Camero for our Car to get better.
Also the guys I was talking to where telling me the local dealers are price gougeing the 35th Annivery cars by $2500 to $5000.... In the local news paper, it somewhat blammed the dealers for not stocking the Camero.... But now it's going away they have the greed to gouge the prices.... They suck!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have no fear guys!!! the f boby may be out but from what i've read tne got a mechanic coming boys are planning to bring it back but on a different frame.Hell the f boby hasn't changed in ten years, sells are falling, and they have been coming to BON,so they know what is on the table for our ponys.From what I've read the other guys are planning on upping the ci and hp for the new ones, it looks like team Mustang may get caught behind the 8 ball once more.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i agree,.. we will probably see a 2003 or 2004 Camaro and Firebird from GM.
it will just be built on an existing chasis/platform and utilize lots of pieces from a corporate parts bin.
if The General really gives Bob Lutz the powers they say they will,.......Mr Lutz will MAKE SURE the Camaro & Firebird get re-introduced.
in this business, image is everything!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Those guys that have loyalty issues don't understand how a business is run. Anyways, the Camaro was actually the car that I was looking to buy before I got caught up in this Bullitt. I was really intrigued by the LS1 engine and six speed tranny. Not to mention I found a guy who had installed twin turbos and was getting 425 rwhp with only 4lbs of boost (can you say potential?). My problem with the Camaros is that they are friggin ugly.
The Fords started catching my attention when they started adding these cool wheels that we have on our Bullitts. When they added the hood scoop, I was hooked. It was these little details that led me to get over my horsepower addiction and pick up a Mustang. Now I've got a car that's plenty fast and has style to boot!!!!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I agree. I think GM hired a lot of the American Motors sylists when they lost their jobs. Specially from the Pacer division. GM's cars have no style at all. Even the Corvette, which is an excellent sports car, looks bland to me. Look at the new Cadillac Evoq which is coming out. I think the styling for that came from the Pontiac Aztec. And we all know how well that's selling. HEY GM...I SEE WHY YOU HIRED LUTZ. YOUR CARS ARE UGLY.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-11-05 13:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not to mention the sloppy fit and finish of the GM products. I cringe when I head an F-Body car door close. They may be fast but the truth is that the cars totally lack the quality fit and finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts