Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a Bullitt so bad but because of the exclusivity of the car it keeps getting more and more delayed. With the full knowledge that I could trade in my car for a GT any day of the week looming over my head, combined with the pain of having to wait a good few months before I am no longer upside down in my truck and able to sell it to get the Bullitt is really bringing me down. Since i'm never gonna find a Bullitt at a dealership, i'm gonna have to get financed through a major bank to buy it from a private party which would require getting rid of my current vehicle through other means. And i'll probably have to go out of state to pick it up! This is a lot of work for someone who has only bought one car before and doesn't know a lot about this stuff. :doubt: Someone make me feel better before I buy a subpar mustang! :confused:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The wait will be worth it!! Nothing good comes easy. You will appreciate it and respect it.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
If you really want a Bullitt you will wait until you can do it. No need to make excuses about buying something else.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Just hang tough and you will get the one that you want. Just dont jump on the first one that you look at. You might see one later that you like better. OF COURSE DHG is the ONLY way to go.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,061 Posts
Keep checking your local want ads in the newspaper. Everyone once in awhile I will take a look-see and one turns up! Also, check those free auto magazines in grocery stores. I have found several for sale in my area in those also.

It will take time but you will find your own specific Bullitt. I agree with DHGBULLITT about jumping on the first one just because it is a Bullitt, unless it is the right Bullitt. :)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Agreed. As time goes on there are becoming more and more beat upon Bullitts. Cars that have not been treated with the respect they deserve.

Take your time and make sure you get one that has been taken care of. If it winds up costing you and extra $1500 and a plane ticket somewhere you are still WAY ahead of the game. Hell, the guy who bought my first car came down from Michigan to Florida and drove it back. Trust me when I say price is not everything when it comes to a car like this.

I think most of the "desired" Bullitts - the cars that have been treated well from day one - will be found on this site. This is where the real enthusiasts are.

And you will get one eventually, trust me. And you will be glad you didn't settle.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I waited 56+ years for a Bullitt, how many years for you?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Try 58 years for me. Hate to admit it but I may be the oldest Bullitt guy at age 61.

·
Registered
424 Posts
As you can see from the other posts, patience is the word of the day. It is very hard to know that your car is out there somewhere and not in your driveway. You just have to know that the wait is worth it. It would not hurt anything if while you wait you put a couple of bucks away every day. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
dennisbaker said:
Try 58 years for me. Hate to admit it but I may be the oldest Bullitt guy at age 61.
nope--62 here. Doc is older, I believe there are a couple older than him.

·
Registered
141 Posts
As the others say, just wait it out, it will come. I had been looking for close to 2 years before I found mine, looked at a few but nothing "right", the car I ended up with is mint, low kms, and well cared for. I knew the car since new and saw it on a classified site, talked with the owner a couple times, settled on a price and went to have a look, it took a day off work, a 2 hour drive (to the U.S.) to look at the car, then a drive home to the bank, then a drive back to get it just to get it home and store it until spring. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is worth the wait. I got mine at a Carmax (believe it or not) in NC and they had gotten it from Kansas (Karma I guess). I found it on their website, and they always seem to have a few on there. Keep looking there and on Auto Trader. I got mine the day after they put it on the website. And it was a nice one, 3307 only had 29,000 on her, and is almost perfect inside and out. Just be patient and keep looking!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just looked online, and there are several in CA, couple in TX. They are out there.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
yup i wasnt waiting for mine when i found it, but i fell in love since i remember when the BULLITT came out, and i had only seen 2 from 2001 to 2003 the first one was in ocala when i as workin and the other was a guy who was the comp tech at my school had a black one. the when i was out with my father looking for a new car, i just happen to see 1633 on the lot. took her for a spin and bought her 10 minuits later. just try not to think too much about it. the more you think about it the less you find. you find it when your ready. trust me i did. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I do believe ford dealerships can search each others inventories, even for used cars, as long as they are certified or whatever they call it. That's how I found my wife's escape, another dealer had it and they arranged a trade to get it (it was in Michigan and had been a ford fleet vehicle). I don't know if you have a dealer who will go the extra mile for you, but it may be worth looking into. They will probably just try to push you into a new car, but if you stand your ground and they want to make a sale, you may just get lucky and they can find one for you... Just a thought...

·
Registered
771 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I waited 56+ years for a Bullitt, how many years for you?
About 10 years, and I didn't want a Bullitt... I wanted a Mach 1, or a True Blue 2003 GT.

Found it by accident and FELL IN LOVE! The rest is history!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I know the feeling....but...i got ya age wise by 4 years...i agree with the waiting....looking...watching theory....the right one will come along(Bullitt that is):lol:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Don't despair. Kyle (WeeMan97) joined this site in March 2003 and just picked his black (best and fastest color btw) bullitt last summer. The kid was / is a legend here. The cars are out there and priced to buy - so take your time and wait for the right bullitt at the right price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts