Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the completely unrelated part of the story, just 'cuz I wanted to talk about it.

I have been mountain biking for almost 10 years, 6 of those on an AMP Research B3 or B5 bike. Very sweet bikes; light, plenty of cush for my big butt and not something you see every day on the trail.

Sooooo, I was online looking for a new Yakima rack for the Bullitt(no comments, it's my only ride right now). I decided to see what new products AMP Research had after I bought the rack. Well to my dismay they are not really developing any new products and are only building bikes for Mercedes Benz.

Oh well, what they are doing is automotive R&D. This includes our Bullitt fuel door as well as the fold out bed extender in the Sport-tracs.

I just can't seem to get away from this companies products...:smile:

www.amp-research.com

·
Premium Member
18,833 Posts
WOW! So AMP manufactured the Bullitt fuel
door...with the pony logo on the inside of
the door? Are you sure? Curious.
The pictures sure look like the Bullitt fuel
door.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey thats cool your into biking!!! I've been racing Gary Fisher MTB's for about 5 years now and have a few friends that own AMPS, nice bikes. Anyways the Yakima rack is an exellent rack, but the mounting pads will eventually scratch your clear coat and wear into the paint. I had the rack a new Pontiac and thats exactly what happend, so be causious!!! Now the bikes are carried from the hitch of our Explorer, a less expensive way, believe me!!!!!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a Yakima roof rack on my 96 Mustang and i only scratched it from removing it and putting it on all the time. I am older and lazier now, so it will be on for quite awhile. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

I've always like Gary Fishers. In fact most of the old school manufacturers out there are cool...GF, Bontrager, Fat City, Yeti.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts