1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I can't tell what's going on with it other than what appears to be a ricearoni bumper.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know that's pretty much it (hopefully it stopped there). I'm no Bullitt purist by any stretch, that's just a bit disturbing to me.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Now that is really strange...looks outa place to me:shock:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
oh dear god

he needs his Bullitt owning privileges revoked ASAP!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That is just wrong!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to disagree with you in that Punk Lancelot's bullitt has the Cobra (I think) bumper and side skirts and there isn't a better looking bullitt around. Pic: http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=180

Maybe the guy is just starting to do the mod. Can be pretty expensive as we all know.

Now if the car looks that way a year from now....he's a moron.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
TBULL1546 said:
I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to disagree with you in that Punk Lancelot's bullitt has the Cobra (I think) bumper and side skirts and there isn't a better looking bullitt around. Pic: http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=180

Maybe the guy is just starting to do the mod. Can be pretty expensive as we all know.

Now if the car looks that way a year from now....he's a moron.

Just my two cents.
Different bumpers...
the bumper in question above is rice, but Punks, while it does not look good IMHO, is not rice.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ezekial said:
Different bumpers...
the bumper in question above is rice, but Punks, while it does not look good, is not rice.
Is this just a purist issue? As in, the bumper that came on the car should remain on the car? Please tell me it is because for you to say that Punk's car doesn't look good is just unbelievable to me.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Ezekial said:
Different bumpers...
the bumper in question above is rice, but Punks, while it does not look good, is not rice.
In YOUR opinion you mean, right?

I would never tell ANYONE their car didn't look good. Especially considering the time and effort that went into making Punks car look the way it does.

Dude, you need to have a lesson in tact. You have YOUR opinion, but you are not the ultimate authority on what should be put on anyone's car other than your own.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
TBULL1546 said:
Is this just a purist issue? As in, the bumper that came on the car should remain on the car? Please tell me it is because for you to say that Punk's car doesn't look good is just unbelievable to me.
not exactly.... I like mods on any Mustang. But some changes just don't look good IMHO. And no, I don't like the looks of his car (all the body kit mods, wing, etc). Others do, and that's great. And most of all he does, which is what matters.

Bullitt_5135 said:
In YOUR opinion you mean, right?

I would never tell ANYONE their car didn't look good. Especially considering the time and effort that went into making Punks car look the way it does.

Dude, you need to have a lesson in tact. You have YOUR opinion, but you are not the ultimate authority on what should be put on anyone's car other than your own.
yes, I meant IMHO (editing to include that).

but I wanted to be sure that the riced Bullitt is in no way similar to Punks car. That bumper above is a ebay special from Japan. While punks is Roush peice, many times better looking that the ebay special. I didn't feel it was fair to associate both cars in that way.

looks like the pot has been stirred....
sorry to get everyone bugged out.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
TBULL1546 said:

+1 on Punk's car!! I guess I had never seen pictures of it before. That car is sweet!!
As far as mods go I am on the "Build it how you like it" side of the fence. I think every person may have an internal line they draw when it comes to when mods progress from tasteful to excessive. If I see something modified to the point where I find it to be too much I would just remain silent rather than offend the person that owns the car in question. I've been on the recieving end of outspoken negative opinions and it's no fun.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Everybody has the right to do what they want to their car, everybody has the right to like it or not.
If you post pics you have to expect people to have opinions. If you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Imho.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
If I see something modified to the point where I find it to be too much I would just remain silent rather than offend the person that owns the car in question. I've been on the recieving end of outspoken negative opinions and it's no fun.....
Exactly John. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.

This is the philosophy I subscribe to. I am a regular poster and see pretty much everything that comes through t his board (hell, I sit in my home office for 8 hours a day, "working") - if there is something posted that asks for opinions and I am silent...well, take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
Exactly John. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.

This is the philosophy I subscribe to. I am a regular poster and see pretty much everything that comes through t his board (hell, I sit in my home office for 8 hours a day, "working") - if there is something posted that asks for opinions and I am silent...well, take that for what it's worth.

Thus the birth of the cliche "deafening silence".......:smile:

·
Registered
509 Posts
My apologies for dragging Punk's car into this. Cause he sure didn't ask for people to be slamming his car....which DOES NOT have a wing, btw. His was the only Bullitt that I could think of that had a different bumper which was why I posted the pic.

All I really know is that if the dude has two hologram stickers with a Bullitt build number on them in that car...it's a Bullitt. And that owner is just as welcome here as anybody else. Heck, the guy could be lurking on our board now or even have a username for that matter....one of those "non-supporting" types just trollin around dishing out pithy comments.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts