Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know what the M3 is good for but I won. Street race from the light. He started revving and it was on. Light went green and the screeching was on. After about 30ft I started to pull. We neared 100mph and he was 3-4 car lengths back.
Late model M3, obvious stick. Lowered suspension and some exhaust work.
This was my first real race since I got my Bullit. It felt great. Like I said, don't know the specs. Maybe I was taking candy from a baby, maybe not.
I'm completely stock, but air silencer.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Are you sure this was the new M3? Because i have raced like two of them. And they pull many car lengths ahead of me. I even let my friend drive once and the same thing happened. I don't think its really possible unless he wasn't racing but again you said he reved his engine. But anyway i am pretty sure they hit 0-60 in 4.7 i beat a new M3 once though but i think that's because his girlfriend was in the car and she was just scared so he didn't leg it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It said M3 on the back (he got to the light before me). He was in the car alone and driving like an a$$ before we got to the light. I thought the M5 was suppose to be faster than the M3? Would it be possible for the M5 to be faster than a 4.7mph 0-60?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The new m3 is faster than the m5. The m5 is a very heavy car so it loses alot of its hp and torque to the weight its carrying around. They are both beautiful machines and the bullitt is no match for either one of them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sounds like you ran a modded E36 M3 (240HP stock). Had you run a stock E46 M3 (333HP/262TQ) the outcome would have been very different. On the track, a Z06 is required to take out the E46 M3, and then only by a small margin. Pretty amazing performance from a sedan style sports car.

E46 M3's have been fetching ridiculous prices: $70-80K (MSRP $45,900), as they are in short supply.

An E36 M3 is certainly in the Bullitt class. The E46 M3 is in the Z06 Corvette class.

The most cost effective way to beat one straight-line (with a new car) would be a WS6 or SS (2002 LS1 based car). Forget about it when you hit the twisties or have to brake... You'll need the Z06.

If you want to do it with a Ford, grab your GT40. (or add a 100+ shot NOS to your Bullitt). :smile:

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok i dont doubt this one. an m3 with a good driver is about a 14 sec flat car. with equal drivers it would be a pretty good race. I believe that u won, but im not so sure about 3 to 4 carlengths(unless he spun like hell, believe me not easy to do in the m) so good kill.
btw, dad drives a 95 m3, chip, tb, and cai with supersprint exhaust. he hit like a 13.6 at 101.8 i think

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-16 13:51, 99svt32v wrote:
ok i dont doubt this one. an m3 with a good driver is about a 14 sec flat car. with equal drivers it would be a pretty good race. I believe that u won, but im not so sure about 3 to 4 carlengths(unless he spun like hell, believe me not easy to do in the m) so good kill.
btw, dad drives a 95 m3, chip, tb, and cai with supersprint exhaust. he hit like a 13.6 at 101.8 i think
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Our member, JB Vobra ran 13.33 at 102.19 with his girlfriend's bone stock Bullitt. Only mod is DRs. :-B

·
Registered
337 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-20 00:42, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
On 2002-01-16 13:51, 99svt32v wrote:

Our member, JB Vobra ran 13.33 at 102.19 with his girlfriend's bone stock Bullitt. Only mod is DRs. :-B

Yeah, but there was probably a tail wind that day and he probably figured out how to harness the rotational energy of the Earth to get that time to punch that Bullitt through the 13.7 barrier.

Seriously, how many times did he pull a 13.3? Unless you're going for a Guiness World Record (that's Beer, of course), repeatability is kindof a good thing. Doesn't the average Bullitt turn a 13.7-14.1 in the quarter (stockish)?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
[/quote]

Yeah, but there was probably a tail wind that day and he probably figured out how to harness the rotational energy of the Earth to get that time to punch that Bullitt through the 13.7 barrier.

Seriously, how many times did he pull a 13.3? Unless you're going for a Guiness World Record (that's Beer, of course), repeatability is kindof a good thing. Doesn't the average Bullitt turn a 13.7-14.1 in the quarter (stockish)?
[/quote]
He does it quite regularly. But if ya want a race...hehehe....I'll run.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey BS,

Given the HP and weight of a stock Bullitt, pulling consistant 13.3's with DR's is going to be challenging. If the average stock Bullitt is turning 13.8 (for example), then you'll have to launch perfectly (~0.0 reaction time) to hit a 13.3 (where .5 secs is the average reaction time). Probably going to have a few redlights...

I haven't seen any follow up times posted for JB Vobra's girlfriend's Bullitt driven by JB Vobra. Just the one, highly controversial 13.3 (I don't question it; it's certainly possible with an excellent reaction time and launch. Just not easily repeated). I'm sure JB Vobra can turn sub 13.3's all day in his S-Trimmed Cobra :smile: .

Regarding your race challenge: you're in TX, I'm in CA... With real-world drag racing, it really just depends on how much money you're willing (or able) to put into your car. You've done minor mods to your car. I'd only consider one mod for mine: a Vortech SQ-Trim (after having owned a 370HP lighly modded LS1 in a C5, minor mods for the Bullitt aren't worth it for me). So, it would cost me $5000 to purchase and have installed the SQ-Trim, then I'd have to take time off from work, drive to Texas, race at your local track (film crew to film the event as well), then drive home. That's a lot of time and money. What are the stakes? If the stakes were say, $50,000 for the winner, then I'll take you up on the challenge (and add N20 along with the Supercharger and drag radials). Otherwise, my Bullitt remains stock.

If the stakes were higher, I'd try to borrow this little 1960's lime green VW bug I saw run at Carlsbad last week... :wink: . Since that wouldn't be "fair" certain rules would have to be in place regarding what vehicles/mods were allowed. Now we're up to semi-professional racing... Even more expensive (as everyone max's their cars as much as the rules allows. That's cool as the races are closer and driver skill becomes more of a factor).

Given the amount of challenges people post on the internet regarding whose car is faster/better, etc., I wonder how many people would purchase an accurate driving simulator that they could play over the internet using accurate horsepower, torque, mass and mass distribution (inertia tensor), friction, fluid dynamics (for drag, downforce), etc., to play any and all "what if" challenges by friends and others on the internet... That way people could race and see who is a better driver without relying on cash to bias the outcome...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrivingSimulators on 2002-01-20 17:30 ]</font>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.