Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loved these cars, and I went to Turkey run(HUGE SWAP MEET and car show) and they had books upon books to build them from scratch.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no base price on the kit. It is all completely custom, so the price can really be anywhere from 20k to 80k. i went to the show like idk 4 or 5 years ago so i dont remember the company, i think i still have my books at home somewhere though :confused:

that car right there is on oldcartrader.com for $45,000

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Just going by what little I know about them (kits), you can get the parts for about one third the total cost. If you have the skills and the tools it can be relatively inexpensive. If you don't have the necessary tools and skills. Well, you don't really want to know how much.:shock:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
54deuce said:
I did not know it was a kit, I thought it was real.
Oh no, i think that one is real. I was looking for a 63' Fairlane 4 door and came across that and it reminded me of the kits you can buy.

About the Kits, they're not really kits as you have to buy every part individually. So you make the car exactly how you want it. They send what you buy and you put it together. lol

DavidMidgley said:
Just going by what little I know about them (kits), you can get the parts for about one third the total cost. If you have the skills and the tools it can be relatively inexpensive. If you don't have the necessary tools and skills. Well, you don't really want to know how much.:shock:
Yeah your tellin me. Labor is the most expensive thing in the auto industry.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I think that era of cars were cool.I myself love the Ford 3 window coupe from '33.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If I were inclined to build my own car it would be a toss up between the Cobra and the 32 Ford. But, I am more inclined to drive my Bullitt! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts