Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out and about killing time this afternoon, and stopped in at a local GM dealership. The wife is looking to upgrade her car and we were looking at a G8, not a bad looking car at all, it would be perfect for her.

But, while I was there, I asked whether they had seen any Camaro's yet. Turns out they had just received their first shipment a couple of days ago and had a couple sitting in the back lot awaiting delivery to customers who had pre-ordered. So, drove out back to have a look and sure enough, 2 SS Camaros - One black one Silver.

Looked a lot better in person than the pictures I have seen, and no where near the boat I was envisioning, extremely close in size to our Bullitt's. Pricing is pretty good too. An entry level V6 is cheaper than I can get a V6 Mustang for, and the full blown, fully optioned RS/SS is only $2k more than the '10 GT's I saw on Ford's lot today.

Good darn thing Ford has the 5L next year, but they better watch the pricing. I can see that the Camaro will easily steal away many potential Mustang customers from Ford...

Anyway, A few pics I snapped there real quick, to compare car sizes. The silver one here was just an SS (Priced almost dollar for dollar with a '10 GT Glassroof I saw earlier today). The Black one further down was a RS/SS.

The RS SS:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
EARTH TO MIKE...EARTH TO MIKE...

Oh no, don't tell us you're getting caught up in this 'Camero Mania!' Please say it ain't so!

Test drive one, you won't be that impressed after driving your Bullitt. Visibility out the back window is disconcerting. It's heavy, which is noticeable if you drive a Bullitt.

Good Gosh, Mike, it's a C-H-E-V-Y! There's a photo of Dina Shor on the dash for crying out loud!

I'm lighting a candle for you and praying a novena (NOT a NOVA).

Oh, the humanity...

:shock:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
The new Camaro must be one of the hardest cars to get a good photo of, because I still haven't seen one. The Bullitt has a timeless beauty to it. The Camaro looks like a bunch of body parts glued to a chassis.

Maybe I'll be wowed when I see one in person.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Mustangs have one very important thing over the camaro. The
camaro is built by Government Motors. I'll stay with my Fords.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries Zeke, I have no intention of going over to the dark side.

The styling does nothing for me at all, far too 'busy' for me. I much prefer my svelte beauty.

On the other hand, I did go for a nice cruise in a challenger today. Now that was a nice ride; nice a smooth, lots of power, comfy, large, heavy, hard to corner. Tonnes of fun... ;)

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,282 Posts
01GTB said:
The new Camaro must be one of the hardest cars to get a good photo of, because I still haven't seen one. The Bullitt has a timeless beauty to it. The Camaro looks like a bunch of body parts glued to a chassis.

Maybe I'll be wowed when I see one in person.
Maybe it's the one Johnny Cash sung about, that he made "one piece at a time..." :lol:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Lightning said:
No worries Zeke, I have no intention of going over to the dark side.

The styling does nothing for me at all, far too 'busy' for me. I much prefer my svelte beauty.

On the other hand, I did go for a nice cruise in a challenger today. Now that was a nice ride; nice a smooth, lots of power, comfy, large, heavy, hard to corner. Tonnes of fun... ;)
You're friggin' killin' me, Bro!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've seen a couple of the new Camaro's @ local dealerships. IMO, a beautifully redone car BUT I've got a few issues w/it.

1st- I'd NEVER buy a 1st year GM anything; history has proven GM will need 2-3 years to work out the kinks & even then, it'll still be a GM (altho their quality has definitely improved over the last 5 years.)

2nd- Dealers will NOT sell these beasts for anywhere near MSRP; no, they'll add that ridiculous "adjusted market value" & only the true idiots, I mean Chevy afficiandos, will purchase then at $5-10g's above MSRP. Is it any wonder why GM is in the financial situation they're in?

3rd- Altho the mag reviews have been positive in regards to the Camaro's performance, it hasn't kicked the Stang's arse yet in any testing process & the '10 Stang GT won a comparo in Car & Driver, besting it in almost every measurable category. In Road & Track, it barely eclipsed the new Stang GT. What does that say about the new Camaro?

4th- The c-pillar blindspot is atrocious & has been commented on in every review. Yeah it looks cool but what were the engineers/designers thinking?

5th- It's fat & I don't mean PHAT. Car needs to lose 800 lbs.

GM missed thier release mark w/this car by about 3-4 years. Had they had this car fully developed before the crash, they mighta sold bucketloads but I predict they will not because, GM being GM, well they just can't help themselves.
Lee

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Saw a black one on the road yesterday pulling out of a parking lot. I'll admit, nice looking car. They've grown on me a bit more since the first pics were released way back when.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,282 Posts
I think GM messed up. When I took delivery of my new '05 Chevy Impala, the salesman was all giddy about "the new Camaro we're coming back out with" and spirited me over to his computer to show me the pics.

2005, think about it. It got to be a joke. Yeah, right, Chevy's coming back out with the Camaro. And the little boy cries "wolf," and Chicken Little says "the sky is falling," and Custer isn't worried about the Indians.

On top of that, it's a dud.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zeke said:
You're friggin' killin' me, Bro!
hehe, did I mention the stop we made at the Mitsubishi dealer too???

:p :p :p

digitalcos said:
Saw a black one on the road yesterday pulling out of a parking lot. I'll admit, nice looking car. They've grown on me a bit more since the first pics were released way back when.
I must admit, I found it looks a heck of a lot better in person than it does pictures. Even so, I find it very busy to the eye, not the nice clean smooth looks of the Bullitt.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
It's not so bad to me - except for the tail lights. I can't say what would work, but the lights they went with most-certainly do NOT.

Too sunk-in. Too truncated at the tops of them.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Lightning said:
hehe, did I mention the stop we made at the Mitsubishi dealer too???

:p :p :p

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Every time I look at the hood of the Camaro, it makes wonder what the heck they were thinking...

Maybe Chev want it to be the New Kitt...

:rotfl:

Sorry it looks kinda crappy. I hate making animations, I don't have the patience anymore.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Saw one and posted on another thread. Dk. Met. red/blk. stripe. Color good looked smaller than silver or light color. IRS = weight, HP offset +.
Generally liked looks, Havn't driven one though. :confused:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Front end looks sooo wide in person to me it made the car look huge. saw a black one parked at a show brand new.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I dont know which end looks worse, the front, the back or the side!

the front looks like its smelling something BAD, the side i cant tell what its doing,

and the back looks like an over bloated pig!:pork:

It does not come close to looking as good or as sleek as the mustang.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'd gladly pay the extra $2-K for the bigger engine in the SS/RS Camaro than the 5.0 in the Mustang, expecially since Ford wont even offer a 5.4 as a pencil-in option.

Personally I think the new Camaro came out realy well although some colors they're using don't go well with that body style. Very nice job, IMO. The 2010 (and 2011) Mustang is underpowered AGAIN ... and just flat-out BUTT-UGLY.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts