Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm being a "good little girl", on the freeway today & I STILL get a ticket!
ARRRRRGH! this "bites"! ! ! !

Here's what happened:

My front windows are tinted only 1 shade darker than stock.
(my back ones are much darker), you can barely notice it on the front ones!
Yet today, a freeway cop (rookie), who was flying by me in persuit of a construction truck that was speeding in the fast lane, actually slowed down to come up beside my car. (I had put down my windows as soon as I saw him of course, he was quite a few cars behind me).
The driver & his 'co-pilot' said something to each other and then they slowed down to get behind me & pull "ME" over!!!!
Needless to say I was pretty pi$$ed off!
He comes up to my passenger window (which was also down), & I immediately ask ...

"What did I do to be the one pulled over instead of that speeding truck you were following?"

His reply...."YOU have tinted windows!"

I replied,(quietly under my breath of course)...
"You have GOT to be kidding me?"

The rookie then takes 20 min to write up my fix it ticket.
He comes back to my window & informs me my tint MUST be removed IMMEDIATELY & for me to then have the ticket signed off by "any" law officer.

Can you believe that?????????????

Fab Fords Show is NEXT weekend!
I can't afford to have it removed & then re-applied!!!!!!

Please help this "damsel" in distress!
What can I do?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I hate those!!! Probably a Chevy guy. You need to make a friend with a badge fast. You should be able to wait until after Knotts. The odds are pretty low that you would get a second ticket although it did happen to me about 20 years ago also from a rookie. I was able to get them both signed off no problem. I had taken off the tint. and the real ****er is the CHP that signed it off never came out of the building to check. He just asked me if I had it removed, I said yes and he signed it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Tint Removal

Get a friend's Bullitt with no tint, and put your plates on it.
If it works, you can owe me a beer.
The only clincher, would be the VIN number visible through the windshield.
You can probably make something with your VIN and slide it over the other VIN.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
It wouldn`t be worth getting caught pulling the above stunt.
Its cheaper to just comply or find a Chippy who will sign you off.
Fraud can be very expensive and confining.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
It wouldn`t be worth getting caught pulling the above stunt.
Its cheaper to just comply or find a Chippy who will sign you off.
Fraud can be very expensive and confining.

I have to agree with Doc. Right now you have a relitively small problem. Fraud is nothing to mess with. I just heard a story yesterday about a guy (cop) that spent 26 mo. in jail for puting a friends property in his name to hide it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, thanks for everyone's advice...since I'm not comfortable 'flirting' w/badges...I guess I'll just wait til after Knotts!

·
Registered
515 Posts
they'll never catch me alive

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
OR....

move to a nice state like alabama where EVERYTHING is legal!! we allow window tinting, no cats, no mufflers!!!, and even dating yer sister.... (i stick with the above first three, my wife would hate me to date her sister...)

i agree with the "find a friend in law enforcement" idea, comes in handy in the long run, half the reason i am trying again to get into the field myself!!

good luck!

shaun

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SniperStang said:
OR....

move to a nice state like alabama where EVERYTHING is legal!! we allow window tinting, no cats, no mufflers!!!, and even dating yer sister.... (i stick with the above first three, my wife would hate me to date her sister...)

i agree with the "find a friend in law enforcement" idea, comes in handy in the long run, half the reason i am trying again to get into the field myself!!

good luck!

shaun
Thanks for the advice & wish for luck........I'm not taking it off unless I hve no other option.
(course...it'll be put back on directly after the 'signing')

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
That sucks. And now you know why 227 is not tinted! I could do just the back glass but then it looks funny. Having said that, I do remember why this law went into effect. In the Sacramento area a CHP pulled over a car with totally blacked out windows. As he approched the car on the passenger side he was shot to death. This was the last straw and the law was changed. They also started putting 2 officers in the cars at night. Oh yes it was at night that this happend. So my problem is I understand why they did it... but... It just goes to prove that less the 1% can wreck it for the rest of us ;-(...

Thanks

Bud

1 - 17 of 17 Posts