Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It maybe that I owned 2 Cobras & just got use to seeing so many fake ones
Hell when the Bullitt came out I said Thank you Ford now they will have something else beside the Cobra to take ideas from

But Look do you guy really think someone would spend the money to make a GT look like a 100% Bullitt
I would say to make a Bullitt with seats & all would cost you over $7,000 IMHO to make one that would pass for a real Bullitt.
Verry few ppl have known what my car is on the street anyway other than a pretty Gt
I will bet some think its a cheap GT because it has no wing
& I love all the personal aftermaket stuff they make but do you sit around & think these ppl are only selling this stuff to Bullitt owners. NO & who can blame them
eveyone likes to make money so why hate the man who wants to better his Family by selling this stuff
I dont really know Pat Haney but he seems extra nice to me Its been years since I ordered that dash from him but I just read the way you guys first bashed him & I was like man that sucks
& on that poll we took most of us where in or past our 30s LMAO

NO FLAMEs here just the way I think

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MCQUEEN on 2001-09-08 10:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Dude, if you think that was a bashing I have to wonder how long you have been on any newsgroup on the net...everyone backed off of the guy fairly quick and tried to play nice nice afterwards and everything seemed cool after that. Go check out other newsgroups, we have nothing around here that even come close to how nasty things on the net can be. Just my .02 and not spreading flame or anything.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree and don't really get it either. We have Bullitt owners that want to make their cars look like GTs (spoilers) and Bullitt owners that flip out over anybody trying to make their GTs look like a Bullitt. Frankly, if somebody out there wants to put a Bullitt fuel filler door or Bullitt badge on their GT, hey, more power to 'em. You see, I don't give a **** because I got the real thing and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. When I get in #196 and fire up that engine, none of that stuff matters. I'm actually glad people like Haney Sports are selling spare Bullitt parts because when I need new pedals or I scratch my door sill scuff plates, I know where I can get them without waiting for a month (like I'd probably have to do if I got them through my dealer). Live and let live Bullittheads! Yeah, I know, I have a tendancy to flame members for wanting to put ground effects or spoilers on their cars...nobody's perfect, but we have great cars. Straight off the showroom floor, truck or whatever, we have great cars, period. Great cars that people who aren't as fortunate as us want to copy. And in the end, who should we be pointing fingers at anyway? Haney Sports? Hell no! Ford sold the parts. If you don't like it, complain to
Art Hyde.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you guys backed off him but
this was the only time I had to put all this down on here & I come to this forum about 5 times a day

Eveyone is like dont you miss your Cobra & I dont because all the ppl that thought they where better becaused they owned one & had bad things to say about other model stangs
Im a proud GT Bullitt owner

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey 196,

You won't be so happy about the posuers when you go to sell your Bullitt and have to jump through hoops to prove that it;s the real thing. This is especially true when some GT owner is advertising his "Bullitt" for less than you real deal. Anyone who would go to the length of turning a GT into a Bullitt has more money than brains anyway. The package was less than $4000 on a real Bullitt from Ford.

Let's not forget that there is the little item called licensing with regards to the Bullitt logo. The price of our cars included that, plus a donation to the Steve McQueen Foundation. I think anyone selling any part that says Bullitt should have to prove that they paid the piper. Let's not forget what George went through to get the rights for Bullitt parts at MGW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-09-09 12:02 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Just my .02, but did Haney pay a licensing fee to use the Bullitt logo before offering things Bullitt for sale???

·
Registered
762 Posts
90 % of the people who are not familiar with the Bulliitt perhaps. However, 100% of the people who know about the car would know things that are far to expensive to copy, i.e the stickers, the clear coated paint in the engine bay, and the seats. Also if you take a look underneath the car you'll find various bits and pieces that have "bullit" lables and don't forget about the Cobra module up front. So while the cosmetic posuers may fool some it won't matter to any potential buyer who has spent the time to research his/her purchase or a car show judge with Bullitt knowledge. Get this, so far of all of the "Saleens" that I have come across on public streets amazingly upon closer inspection and inquiry I found them to all be copies!!! I don't really know if it bothers Saleen owners but I can say that as a Roush owner I wouldn't care. To me it means that person is just validating what I already know ...the car looks badass. Same applies to the Bullitt in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Arthur's dead on. AND, if and when i sell my Bullitt, it will be to someone who knows what to look for. once again, i'm not thrilled with Bullitt "wannabes" but 2000 people in the world putting Bullitt badging on the back of their car doesn't make it a Bullitt, doesn't lessen my enjoyment of MY Bullitt, nor is it ever going to affect the value of my car.
mountains out of molehills

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone with some car sense knows the difference. The Bullitt is a machine all it's own and we the owners all know that. There are clones of everything out there and yes that is a sincere form of flattery but still not the real thing. It is a wanna be thing!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
VERY good point 196!
sorry about my blasphemy!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you guys really want to see some action in going after cloning......wait until Shelby sues all the Cobra kit car manufacturers! It's comming soon.....

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I doubt Shelby is fool enuff to sue, for one thing he will be called on the floor for the fact that he has put his autograph on several glass Cobra's showing he has known about them for years and that he has legitimized them and the issue by doing so. He would lose that one on other grounds also, just like Ford would on glass 32's. Me, I could care less about a fake Bullitt, I know how to tell a real one. Anyone who sells a clone as one would regret it just like someone trying to sell a 65 GT350 clone as the real thing.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
If I remember correctly.. Shelby does intend to sue.. But not for the reasons everyone thinks. He doesn't want licensing fee's or royalties to be paid so he can become richer. Instead. He want's a portion of the money that the kit car manufacturers are making off his creation to go, as donations, to his Heart Foundation and charity. Not a bad compromise and it is fair to be asked.
This info is about a year or so old.. it's been a while since I last read about it but that's where I remember it standing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts