• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21221 - 21234 of 21234 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,221
I bumped into Roger Miller in the Pickle hallway and he said he might stop by tomorrow. Well, his ghost anyway. We'll see.

·
37,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,223
Yeah! I'd love a little Roger Miller. Ransome Bluegrass...loved it. That could have been 18th century as well as 21st.
Here's one from Roger you'll get a kick out of. Shows he can pick that guitar and play the devil out of a FIDDLE! Who knew?

·
Premium Member
13,781 Posts
On a musty & dusty L.P. record around here I have the soundtrack of the movie "Waterhole Number 3". None other than Roger doing the soundtrack. I'm going to have to see if I can dig it up. My old turntable still spins..

·
37,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,225
I finally dug Roger up. Here he is, live on the Pickle! Not.

·
37,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,227
Ol' Roger was quite the philosopher. That song reflects it. Good cover, Jim. :)
That he was. And a poet extraordinaire. I just love the way he sticks rhyming words into the middle of lines, then again on the end. What a wordsmith he was!

·
37,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,228 (Edited)
This just in!

We all know how Pickle Girl likes to go all out for Halloween, so it was no surprise that she would include "Pickle Baby" (Waylon) in the festivities. Here's some shots of the two of them on their first Halloween together.

Of course, Samantha tried all kinds of different costumes on Waylon, but this one I thought was best. There's real hope for this boy! The band! :lol:

·
37,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,230
Love it...great pics! Hope momma didn't cast a bad spell on Waylon...only good ones, right? :)
No bad spells. Just a slight dip of his pacifier into the witch's brew. :lol:

·
37,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,231 (Edited)
Old man's smell? Bad breath?

NOTICE: I will not be posting on the Pickle Thread anymore. The thread was originally the idea of Will (The Kraut), who is no longer with us on IMBOC. I've tried to keep it rolling, but participation (and fun) continued to decline after the Great Brouhaha of the Koozie and related spats. I continued trying to keep it alive, but have obviously failed, yet again in life. Don't worry. At 70, I'm very used to this. So now, with the onset of a second round of a duplicate thread, spawned by younger people, it becomes obvious. The Original Pickle Thread is no longer appreciated or wanted. Although they are busy over there, gleefully posting the same songs we loved here, for whatever reason they choose to not come here and to strike out on their own. That said, I am formally asking the Administration to lock this thread permanently. For me, it has been fun. For you? I guess not so much. Oh well....

·
Premium Member
13,781 Posts
Sat it ain't so, Jimbob! I'm not all that into the 70's. That was a period of slow smogged up cars and only so-so music. The pickle thread covers a wider range and is broader in musical styles.

Say it ain't the end of the world..

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,014 Posts
I have not been on this here thread for a few days. I am sorry I haven't as I missed Sam's Halloween pics with her new son! What a freakin' doll!

21221 - 21234 of 21234 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.