Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, you heard me! I'm extremely close to buying one. I test drove one yesterday and all I can say is "wow." The feeling between the two cars is completely different. You get a different driving experience in an 01 than the 08. The 08 is much more refined in everything, but the 01 has a fantastic "manhandling" feeling to it. It takes more "driving" to get it to do what you want than the 08. That isn't a bad thing, don't worry. It feels much closer to my '68, but with modern amenities. :) I really like it. All I can say is that I'm only a few days from buying an 01, so stay tuned. And yes, it was a fellow bullitthead's car that I drove. :D

It's a heck of a car, guys.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
wally05 said:
That's right, you heard me! I'm extremely close to buying one. I test drove one yesterday and all I can say is "wow." The feeling between the two cars is completely different. You get a different driving experience in an 01 than the 08. The 08 is much more refined in everything, but the 01 has a fantastic "manhandling" feeling to it. It takes more "driving" to get it to do what you want than the 08. That isn't a bad thing, don't worry. It feels much closer to my '68, but with modern amenities. :) I really like it. All I can say is that I'm only a few days from buying an 01, so stay tuned. And yes, it was a fellow bullitthead's car that I drove. :D

I haven't yet had the pleasure of driving the 08 but I can tell you that it would take a lot to get me to choose another car over my 2001....Now having both wouldn't suck very much....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, nope, not much at all. I'm picking up an 01 to use for more daily duties than the 08... but I'll definitely be going back and forth a lot!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Congrats on your future purchase,i know you will like the 01 more and more as you drive it. They do have good qualities about them. I will never give up 1543,not even for a GT500, but am looking for one or an 03/04 cobra to have as the stablemate to 1543. Best of luck. :cool:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
01 BULLITT

Hey Korey..congrats on finding an 01. I know you will enjoy the old school feel. Both cars are unique..........just more there to enjoy if you have both!
ARMY TC
DHG 00159
Butler, PA

·
Registered
670 Posts
I drove an 01 when they first came out, and loved it. Timing was not right for me to buy one, but I am hoping to pick one up one day.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
once you get an 01 you will forget to drive your other cars

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
wally05 said:

I told ya so!!! LOL :smile: They are very different and you are seeing first hand. It's really hard to describe until you do it. Good luck on the purchase.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
I had the pleasure of driving Dutch's 08 at a recent get together......Very nice, smooth power and ride, but it felt BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well.....

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am not sure what driving the '08 Bullitt would feel like but I can tell you that we LOVE the '01 Bullitt we have (purchased new). I never get tired of driving it and it makes me feel like I am 16 again. It is stock and has never been abused. I love the positive feel of the steering, the drone of the exhaust and the power to pass other cars when needed. It feels fantastic and really is the ultimate. We have under 13,000 miles on it, so it is still very tight and true. And I love the thumbs up I get from other drivers and the only downside is the fact that it is a magnet for police officer's eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.