Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home last noght after watching Arkansas contain #1 LSU (GO HOGS!) and was in a really great mood. Even had the cruise control set on 70. Then I get passed by a Dodge Ram pulling a trailer. Next thing I know, he's driving in the median, and 2445 is getting a rock shower! I race ahaid to get out of the way of anymore chunks of earth, and notice he works for a local heating and air company. He even has the phone number on the side of the truck! I filed the claim with the insurance company this morning (I hate talking to them) but I can already tell it is going to be an uphill battle with them to get the car fixed, and the paint back to what it was yesterday morning.:frown:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I hope you mean HIS insurance company and not YOURS.

And I am sorry to hear about that. I HATE inattentive drivers.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, mine. If he wants to pay out of pocket, or cover the deductable, I'm fine with that. I've been with Progressive for almost 10 years, and have 2 claims (one my fault, one not) so I am confident my rates will stay low.

The adjuster just left and I thought I had a few spots that needed attention. She couted 48 paint chips and 8 windshield pecks. Lucky for me the body shop Progressive uses is 2 doors down from the shop I work for, and they will provide rental for the time of repair (great, an Altima. wow:frown: ). I have done some business with them before, so I know 2445 will be in good hands. Plus I could check on it every day if I needed to. Probably the best out of all of this is this little spot on the front bumper that has begun to flake can get fixed!:exclaim: I will document more as I can.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. Two estamates so far- one for 2300, the other for 2000. the windshield is needing to be replaced. Does anyone know if the Ford windshield is still available? My friend at the ford dealer is off all week, and the other guy there did not know.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Marc,
I am really sorry to hear that. It is a painful process to go through even though you keep telling yourself it will be as good as new, you really can't believe it until it IS as good as new. I decided to go with the car guy! Just a gut feeling that I really hope is right. Of course I looked at the work his shop was turning out and it all looked really good! They have a state of the art paint booth and laser frame machine. I watched them pulling on a car and that is a really cool process even though I wish 2180 didn't have to go through it. Good luck! I hope nothing but good things for 2445!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news! The other guy fessed up to causing the damage, and I am working with the company he works fo to cover at least my deductable, but I think they will end up paying for the whole thing, rental included. And the body shop has assured me they can get the correct windshield. I will be posting picures very soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts