Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the big day! :smile: :smile: :smile: Less than 24 hours from now, I will be driving my Bullitt home from Dutch's Ford Mercury in Mt. Sterling, KY!!!

I'm really enjoying learning from everyone on this site. This will be my first Mustang, and when people ask "Why?" I say "Steve McQueen made me do it." :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've loved Mustangs from a distance for years (see my three 1:18 scale replicas - including the original Bullitt Mustang - below)...



... but this "city kid" - who has had a few cars in the past - feels he's now getting what he was always meant to have! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and support :clap: :clap: :clap: ... and especially to Terry :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:, who is taking me from the airport to the dealership and invited Mark to join him for this adventure.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow!!!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Steve

PS My salesman said a funny thing today. My full size spare is waiting for me in my Bullitt's trunk, but he didn't put it in the wheel well under the floor. He's leaving that to me, because he didn't want to damage it somehow. :rolleyes: Don't you just love liability concerns? :lol: Of course, if he Had damaged it somehow... :mad: :mad:... :lol: :lol:

More news... and pics... tomorrow, when I reach the stopping point on my way home. :wink: :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
474 Posts
that is great news... have fun and don't get a ticket on the way home lol

Rob
2008Bullitt0867
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2008Bullitt0867 said:
that is great news... have fun and don't get a ticket on the way home lol

Rob
2008Bullitt0867
Thanks, Rob! And don't worry. My Bullitt will be a "ticket free" zone! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Steve and His New 2008 Bullitt Mustang Adventure........

IMBOC Members,

Not to Disclose anything here on this Thread but I can (Promise-You-All)

that Steve will be (SURPRISED) when he takes Delivery of his

Bullitt Mustang or my name is not

tigerhonaker :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'LL just leave it at that in case Steve drops back by this Thread :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

This is going to be Fun & Exciting :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I Brought out the BIG :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns:


LOL,

Terry
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
IMBOC Members,

Not to Disclose anything here on this Thread but I can (Promise-You-All)

that Steve will be (SURPRISED) when he takes Delivery of his

Bullitt Mustang or my name is not

tigerhonaker :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'LL just leave it at that in case Steve drops back by this Thread :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

This is going to be Fun & Exciting :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I Brought out the BIG :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns:



LOL,

Terry
I can only imagine! I was sure surprised when I picked up mine!:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
SteveNYC said:
Tomorrow is the big day! :smile: :smile: :smile: Less than 24 hours from now, I will be driving my Bullitt home from Dutch's Ford Mercury in Mt. Sterling, KY!!!

I'm really enjoying learning from everyone on this site. This will be my first Mustang, and when people ask "Why?" I say "Steve McQueen made me do it." :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've loved Mustangs from a distance for years (see my three 1:18 scale replicas - including the original Bullitt Mustang - below)...



... but this "city kid" - who has had a few cars in the past - feels he's now getting what he was always meant to have! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and support :clap: :clap: :clap: ... and especially to Terry :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:, who is taking me from the airport to the dealership and invited Mark to join him for this adventure.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow!!!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Steve

PS My salesman said a funny thing today. My full size spare is waiting for me in my Bullitt's trunk, but he didn't put it in the wheel well under the floor. He's leaving that to me, because he didn't want to damage it somehow. :rolleyes: Don't you just love liability concerns? :lol: Of course, if he Had damaged it somehow... :mad: :mad:... :lol: :lol:

More news... and pics... tomorrow, when I reach the stopping point on my way home. :wink: :wink:


Congrats Steve. Can't wait for more 'updates'

You are going to love this car!

........and when people ask "Why?" I say "Steve McQueen made me do it."
Add to that "I'm buying American and supporting Americans" It's especially important and valid these days. :smile:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Terry,

I look forward to whatever surprise you've got in store for me... I think! :shock: :eek: ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just got off the phone with my sister in California. She's getting quite a kick out of this trip I'm taking... and that Terry and Mark are helping me out. :smile:

See you tomorrow...

:cool:

Steve

tigerhonaker said:
IMBOC Members,

Not to Disclose anything here on this Thread but I can (Promise-You-All)

that Steve will be (SURPRISED) when he takes Delivery of his

Bullitt Mustang or my name is not

tigerhonaker :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'LL just leave it at that in case Steve drops back by this Thread :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

This is going to be Fun & Exciting :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I Brought out the BIG :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns: :bigguns:


LOL,

Terry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
I felt the same way...

SteveNYC said:
... but this "city kid" - who has had a few cars in the past - feels he's now getting what he was always meant to have! :smile: :smile: :smile:
I felt like my Bullitt is the car that I was missing out on all these years. Steve, I wish you lots of luck, fun, and a safe and fantastic voyage (just don't shrink the car and wind up somebody's bunghole!:lol: ).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
Uh oh....

SteveNYC said:
Hi Terry,

I look forward to whatever surprise you've got in store for me... I think! :shock: :eek: ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just got off the phone with my sister in California. She's getting quite a kick out of this trip I'm taking... and that Terry and Mark are helping me out. :smile:

See you tomorrow...

:cool:

Steve

Steve, all I can say is if you hear banjo music and someone tells you that you have a pretty mouth, RUN LIKE HELL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bullitt_5135 said:
Another awesome Bullitthead story in the making!

I don't see Steeve getting a whole lot of sleep tonight...
Well, Kevin, I'm pretty charged up right now for sure! :wink:

But somehow I think it will really hit me when I get dressed in the morning... because (and Terry already knows this) I'm going to be wearing clothes that are similar to what Steve McQueen wore when he drove his Mustang in the movie! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I figure this is the only way to do justice to getting This Specific Kind of Mustang. :exclaim: And I think my Bullitt will appreciate the trouble I went through as well! :wink:

(Cars do have a spirit, you know... they aren't just miscellaneous pieces of iron, steel, and rubber that have been randomly assembled. At least not to me! :idea: )

"Pictures at 11". :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RCSignals said:
Congrats Steve. Can't wait for more 'updates'

You are going to love this car!



Add to that "I'm buying American and supporting Americans" It's especially important and valid these days. :smile:
I agree with you 100 percent, RC! "Proudly made in the USA" That's what the Mustang says! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
MustangLynda said:
Well a certain percentage of it anyway :lol:

65% to be exact...:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BB2008 said:
I felt like my Bullitt is the car that I was missing out on all these years. Steve, I wish you lots of luck, fun, and a safe and fantastic voyage (just don't shrink the car and wind up somebody's bunghole!:lol: ).
Thanks, Ken! I'm definitely going to play it safe on the ride home. :wink:

Heck, even my (older) sister gave me the whole "Now, if you get tired then call it a night." routine. :wink: :wink: I told her not to worry. :smile: :smile:

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BB2008 said:
Steve, all I can say is if you hear banjo music and someone tells you that you have a pretty mouth, RUN LIKE HELL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ken... If I hear any banjo music and/or the word "pretty" :eek: :eek: :eek: ... I'll be gone so fast you won't even know I've been there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey... no one's going to mess with "Steve McQueen". :cool:

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BB2008 said:
65% to be exact...:lol:
Really? :eek: :eek:

You've researched this? Cool! :cool:

Where's the rest of it from? And what parts are non-USA? :confused:

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MustangLynda said:
Mexico for one. I used to know what parts but those brain cells have since been replaced (or eliminated) :lol: Maybe Ken remembers...
Very interesting! :surprised

Steve
 
1 - 20 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top