Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to retrieve my build sheet intact, except for one small piece at the top. My Bullitt is no. 2526 and at the top of the build sheet, it is dated Tuesday June 5, 2001. At the bottom, it is signed, “Bulit man.” How cool is that! Is Tuesday a good day to have your car built? I figure Friday is bad because everyone is chomping at the bit for the weekend to start, and Monday probably is not real good with some hangovers and a “Monday blues” attitude. I’m hoping they get into a groove by Tuesday! I have a digital photo of the build sheet if anyone wants to see it. I just need to know how to put a link up for the photo. I love my Bullitt and so does everyone else that looks at it!

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-23 16:50, Bullet wrote:
I was able to retrieve my build sheet intact, except for one small piece at the top. My Bullitt is no. 2526 and at the top of the build sheet, it is dated Tuesday June 5, 2001. At the bottom, it is signed, “Bulit man.” How cool is that! Is Tuesday a good day to have your car built? I figure Friday is bad because everyone is chomping at the bit for the weekend to start, and Monday probably is not real good with some hangovers and a “Monday blues” attitude. I’m hoping they get into a groove by Tuesday! I have a digital photo of the build sheet if anyone wants to see it. I just need to know how to put a link up for the photo. I love my Bullitt and so does everyone else that looks at it!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Call Ford you are the winner!!!!!! Ford had a lotto! The winner that had "bulit man" on there build sheet wins a $1000.00!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Cool Bullet, Mine says Bulit man too, but it goes better with your handle! :-B

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-23 23:21, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Hey, can we all split that $1000?!!! :lol:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
$1000.00 can buy you alot of M&M's... :-B

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do all the bullitts come with build sheets. Did they place them all in the same place? I went out and tried the area you described but came up empty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bullitt51, when I looked through the grill, I could see the build sheet. It was held with a piece of masking tape. I don't know if they all were in the same place.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I retreived mine intact from the rear bumper area. It survived 3 weeks of driving including Tropical Storm Allison that caused the Great Flood of 2001 here in Houston, both on Tuesday the 5th, 1st full day I had it, and Friiday the 8th. Yes, I drove it both days - of course both days started off dry when I went to work.

The traction control helped on the commute home.

Build Date: 25 Apr 2001 @ 14:21:10

DHG No. 738

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I posted this once before relating to build sheets. I thought that new people would be interested. Please read below:

Just to set the record straight, here is the
Build sheet strategy that is employed on Mustangs. Each sheet is unique and does not have ALL of the build info on it:

1 sheet used for the Trim Area
1 sheet used for the Instrument Panel build
1 sheet used for the Chassis line
1 sheet used for the Engine line
1 sheet used for the axle line

Generally, all of you should find the chassis sheet between the bumper foam and bumper beam. Some of you may find the axle sheet on top of the differential. The others are almost always thrown away. Have fun treasure hunting!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
This topic sure got bumped up. Look when it
was initially posted...last June.

Recently retrieved DHG #3875's build sheet
totally intact! I HAD TO TAKE THE WHOLE REAR
BUMPER OFF! Lots of bolts but it was fun.
The build sheet was taped top and bottom to
the frame as well as pinned between the
styrofoam and frame. Kept the bumper in the
living room for cleaning...that went over
real smooth with the wife!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-02-17 09:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-02-17 10:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Dang... I need to try and find mine. I tried twice, but could not find it.

Sounds like a good project for today after I clean up the car :wink:.

Back to the Daytona 500 :wink:.

Bud

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Good luck BudACAD! Let us know if you find it! :smile:

It only takes about 30 minutes to get
the bumper off. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-02-17 15:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes, Friday is the worst day for assembly. I've been an autoworker for 30 years. Your mind on friday is everyplace but the job. Horseplay is at it's best on fridays. I feel that thursday is a good day, the mood is good because there is light at the end of the tunnel. Brain is not burned out yet. Wed. is also good. Monday is everyones bad mood day. They bring family problems to work and take it out on their co-workers. Tuesday is 50/50. If your car was built the day before a holiday...take it back. Most people are drink! Actually, before I scare anybody, the American auto industry has matured a lot since the 70's. Don't fear! Well maybe just that day before the holiday!

·
Registered
197 Posts
My build sheet must have been sticking out, because almost half of it was missing like someone ripped it off to remove it. Managed to get about a third that was remaining. Any idea if we can get a reprint of the build sheet?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Just thought I would bring this post up again. There is some interesting information that Mr.T gave us (above) about different build sheets found in our cars.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
After re-reading my original post, I want to clarify one thing. There is only one sheet used in the trim and area, but there are two copies of it attached to the car during the build. This is so operators on different sides of the assembly line can reference it. This is why same of you find two copies of the trim sheet. One on the front bumper and one on the rear.

The above information relates to the trim build sheet too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts