Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,
I just stumbled across all the hoopla about who got the best deal. Well, here's mine: I was able to buy a car that brought back many fond memories of days gone by, one that has excellent performance, looks awesome, is fun to drive, that is associated with really nice folks, is fit to take to a car show in stock condition, and that I will never regret buying. All that for a price I could afford !!! It doesn't get any better than that !!
Ratman

·
Registered
211 Posts
I paid so much for my Bullitt that I didn't have enough money left over for food and as I result I lost a bunch of weight and now I feel great and have this smokin' hot girlfriend.
:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Man oh Man that car is Awesome !!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yo, Ratman............
Im older than you, so I dont remember how much I paid for the Bullitt. But who cares, listen to the exhaust and the cares of the day go away.
Enjoy your ride.
Hesh

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hesh said:
Yo, Ratman............
Im older than you, so I dont remember how much I paid for the Bullitt. But who cares, listen to the exhaust and the cares of the day go away.
Enjoy your ride.
Hesh
Hey Hesh!!
Honest to God, I don't remember either! One of the few downsides to living in Tucson is that when it gets to 105 degrees, it's uncomfortable to leave the windows down to listen to the exhaust! When I looked at what I wanted for pipes, I found that straight pipes (no muffler) were only a few db's higher than the Ford Racing mufflers. I saved a bunch of money, and I got a car that sounds very much like the
'68 GT390 I had back then. I LOVE this car!!
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big Daddy said:
Here, here:exclaim:

Well said, Ratman :clap:
Thanks for the encouragement. I think most of us that have Bullitts feel this way. Asking how much I paid is kind of like asking what kind of mileage I get. What a stupid question - WHO CARES!!!! I'm having reasonably safe and legal fun!
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
I got mine for free. :wink:
Nothing worthwhile in life is free; not really. Either way, in MY little world, I got the best deal!
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jim08 said:
Very good Ratman, I could not have said it better myself
Some things in life are not hard to figure out. Philosophical discussions about the value of things like a Bullitt are simply absurd. We who have them love them. For as many different reasons as there are owners.
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LeadFoot said:
I paid so much for my Bullitt that I didn't have enough money left over for food and as I result I lost a bunch of weight and now I feel great and have this smokin' hot girlfriend.
:lol:

Okay, I'll concede to your deal - ONLY because of the weight loss. My wife of 42 years rode with me in my HG '68 GT390 when it was new. And, she's still right there beside me forty years later. Now, if I could just get the weight down.......
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1mach1 said:
Nicely put! Your car looks great!

Thanks Harv,
If I had cared for my body the way I do for my Bullitt, I wouldn't have a chronic limp and a yucky shoulder!
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BlackPony said:
Man oh Man that car is Awesome !!!!!
All I can say is "Thank you". I work hard to keep that car looking new. The guys at work accuse me of stopping a the carwash on my way to work in the morning because it always sparkles. Well, they are right!
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
The deep dish wheels really give it a serious looking, no-nonsense stance! Nice.
Lowering the chassis would make it really look tough. But, after talking to the Ford Racing guys, I've decided not to mess with the suspension. It's WAY to comfortable to make it stiffer!
Ratman

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DavidMidgley said:
That car is really sharp looking with those deep dish wheels!
I know it probably isn't popular to say this, but it really handles awesome too. The stock tires were fine, up to a point, but I wanted something that would keep handling all the way up; and these do the trick!
Ratman

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Ratman you did good..... Congrats on getting a most excellent deal on your Bullitt.

I love the your wheels and your car.

I read your other post about the color of the wheels you bought and I think the color you got is closer color to the 01 Bullitts wheels.

Do you think the black verison wheels would match the 08's wheels better? Because I'm thinking of just getting the 10" wide black bullitt wheels for my rear of my 08 and using the stockers on the front...

I'm also concerned about the differance in wheel lip and spoke design clashing between the 2 styles wheels and not looking right.....

I guess I could get the rears then buy the fronts later if I didn't like them....

What do you think???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts