Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not anymore...:wink: ....(Caution-1 swear near end not f bomb)

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i306.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/mainebullitt/SpareTireBurnout.flv">

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
HAHAHAHA, I love how you guys had to clean rubber off the garage door, LineLock FTW!!!!

Nice work John!!

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
that one will go into the video...can you send me a file for it? thanx.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rblack4405 said:
You rolled the window up before the burnout. More fun with windows down.
But you know me by now and I just couldn't stand all that rubber & smoke landing all over the interior....:lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
brucebotti said:
John,
You never fail to crack me up!:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
Bruce

You should do one of these too, it would have a whole different sound to it. The tires would suffer the same fate in the end though....:badgrin:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
'Bout time you drive that garage queen! :D

Cool vid John. That's some expensive meat to cook.
I've been saving them ever since I bought the deep dish wheels and bigger tires. I think it was worth the wait..I should have taken before & after shots of the tires. If I had gone any longer I would have been on metal, really. I had fabric showing in one spot, to the point where I wasn't sure if I should try the drive home. I made it though.

One of the best parts was there was so much smoke that entered the overhead door into our shop that after about 5 minutes the stinking fire alarm went off. At first I couldn't find the key to access the control panel and by the time I did and was able to reset the alarm it was too late, the fire dept showed up :frown: . Luckily the sprinkler co had already notified the fire dept. that it was a false alarm from my conversation with them so it was basically just a rescue squad that showed up. He asked what caused the alarm, I told him "tire smoke" and pointed to the piles of rubber left behind. He sort of laughed and asked to go inside just to check the building out, by then all was fine. When he left he looked at the car and asked a few questions about it. He really wanted me to do another burnout but I couldn't because of how far I had already pushed the tires....Hopefully we wont get a false alarm bill, I think we get 3 in 12 months before they'll bill us. I don't think we've had any for a while....:cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frankenstang said:
that one will go into the video...can you send me a file for it? thanx.
I'm not sure if I can send the file though any of my email programs. If not I can burn it & send a disc. I'll see if I can send it through email first though.....:cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TheCat033 said:
HAHAHAHA, I love how you guys had to clean rubber off the garage door, LineLock FTW!!!!

Nice work John!!
Linelocks are fun!!! We scooped up all the rubber dust and threw it away. Of course those black strips will probably be there for a month or so.....:cool:

·
Banned
978 Posts
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i298.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/Cochese_bucket/M2U00207.flv">

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Linelocks are fun!!! We scooped up all the rubber dust and threw it away. Of course those black strips will probably be there for a month or so.....:cool:
I was getting-ready to change the tires on my Roadrunner ('bout 20 years ago!) and decided to "let 'er rip" on the way down to the tire shop. For an entire block. Looked (and sounded!) pretty-much like what was goin' on here - but the street was concrete rather than asphalt - moved-away, then drove back by like a year and a half later - the marks were still visible...........

(and the tires were completely shagged - absolutely NO tread left on 'em, could just see the cords on one, and when they were dismounted they "drooped" in the middle of the tread!)

Sometimes, you just gotta goforit.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PX said:
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i298.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/Cochese_bucket/M2U00207.flv">
Thanks Collin....Of course since you suffer from OCD even worse than I do you will understand me when I say the first thing I did when I got home was to get the wheels off the rear and clean the wheelwells, springs, lower control arms, calipers, etc....Then I put the dd rears back on and voila, she's beautiful again...:smile:

BTW, the Zaino does a great job of protecting the paint on the lower rear quarters. What little rubber that actually stuck I was able to just lightly brush it off and then use the Z-7 mist to detail again...:cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JC2954 said:
I was getting-ready to change the tires on my Roadrunner ('bout 20 years ago!) and decided to "let 'er rip" on the way down to the tire shop. For an entire block. Looked (and sounded!) pretty-much like what was goin' on here - but the street was concrete rather than asphalt - moved-away, then drove back by like a year and a half later - the marks were still visible...........

(and the tires were completely shagged - absolutely NO tread left on 'em, could just see the cords on one, and when they were dismounted they "drooped" in the middle of the tread!)

Sometimes, you just gotta goforit.

Yeah-it was kind of a bonus to have the spare set of wheels/tires I could use this way. Now that the tires are officially fried I will probably get a set of Drag Radials mounted on them and make a few passes....:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Yeah-it was kind of a bonus to have the spare set of wheels/tires I could use this way. Now that the tires are officially fried I will probably get a set of Drag Radials mounted on them and make a few passes....:cool:
wait for me to get back from MB and i'll join you :bigguns:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.