Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my Bullitt in to the dealer for minor service (Oil change) and I get into the car and the seat isn't anywhere adjusted near where I have it. The seat is all the way forward, the height is all the down, the front bolster is adjusted I don't know where, and the rake is back about 4 notches, and the steering wheel is adjusted full down. The way my seat was adjusted it musta beeen som 6' person with 2' legs....Why do these service clowns have to that for a .1 mile drive into and out of the service bay????..........

·
Registered
32 Posts
If they are going to drive my car thet darn well better be able to see and drive. If it means moving the seat, do it.

I will never take my car to a hand wash, I have waited for my Excursion to get cleaned and have seen and heard some nasty driving. As long as it is an automatic, they are OK. But those illegals can't drive drive a stick worth #$%@. Grinding and lunging out...I think I would have a heart attack watching it.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
AND GREASE SPOTS ON DRIVER"S DOOR AND WINDOW AND ON THE DASH BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(can you tell they pissed me off?)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Or how about scratches & dings. I had the bumper on my Caprice painted at a local shop & when I got it back there was a very obvious dent in the hood. When I took it back, the shop owner claimed it was already there. When I told him the hood was less than 2 weeks old, he admitted one of his guys "might" have dropped a tool on the hood. They attempted to fix it, but in a certain light, you can still see a slight indentation.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That is as bad as borrowing your buddies brand new Black Toyota Sequoia,(Beautiful truck by the way)using it to tow the boat to the lake, and then taking it to the carwash to get it cleaned and noticing the next morning that there are several gouges right on the corner of bumper on the passenger side. Then sweating whether or not this happened while in your possesion. Did it happen at the lake, at the carwash? I have the car for the whole weekend to tow our boat to the lake and back and I'm completely stressed about these gouges. They're not scratches, but actual gouges!! Add to that my buddy takes immaculate care of everything he owns!! I take monday off work and make a point of getting the truck re-washed so it is nice and clean when I return it. (I like to return things in better condition than when I borrowed them!) The truck comes out of the "touchless" carwash and they park right in front of me to towel it off. Very first thing I see is a second set of gouges Identical to the first set, but about a quarter of an inch to the left!!! I couldn't beleive it. I call the manager over and explain to him that the truck has been washed there twice and that the truck has been scratched twice! He arseures me that it can't be the carwash and we go back and forth for a while until we decied to do a test and mask off the front corner of the truck and send it throught the was again to see if the tape gets torn up. Of course it doesn't so now I can't even prove that the carwash did it!.

It's the worst feeling returning someones vehicle to them and having to say " By the way I totally scratched the hell out of your truck, I'm sorry"

My buddy was cool about it and I told him I would pay to have it repainted at wherever he wanted to get it done.

Now I don't trust any of my special toys to anyone but myself!!

A leeson learned the hard way.

Eric

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
that's a tough one eric!
at least you were a stand up guy about it!
some people i've known in the past would have pretended they didn't even see it!!
(i said in the PAST!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I'm just dreading the day I have to have my Bullitt emissions tested. Here in Illinois they have a "New and Improved way" to test your car. Instead of you sitting in your car and them putting a sensor in your exhaust pipe while you keep the RPM's steady they have a set of "Rollers" similar to a Dyno. You MUST hand over your car to one of the attendants.. These yahoo's get in your car (My '95 ranger 4cyl/5spd at the time) and they rev the hell out of your car, kill it 7 or 8 times and pull it onto the set of rollers. Your wheel sets between 2 of them and then these larger vertical rollers come out of the sides and smash into your tires to "Center you car" on the test rollers. If you have a low profile tire these WILL smash into your rims.. the center is NOT responsible for any damage as this is a Federal test and the rollers were designed to hit the tire sidewall only on the OEM tires and wheels of all Domestic cars. They then run your car up to 60-80 mph and hold it there. You can smell the clutch burning when they're on these things cause these @ssholes can't drive and the test is unduly harsh. Now there've been stories on the loal news here when these "New" tests first rolled out about people having the transmissions burned up on Automatics by this. The Illinois EPA denied everything but they had 1 test center eat the transmissions of a Couple FWD Cadillacs and some other smaller FWD cars.
A transmission tech was questioned about how this could happen and he surmised that it was due to these "Side Rollers" forcing the drive wheels parralell with each other while the car body was stil at an angle putting a lot of shear and binding force on the transaxle.
Of course if you don't submit your car to this test in Illinois your license will be revoked, you can serve jail time and they can impound your car.
Maybe I can move to Florida before then.. :sad:

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-07-20 14:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not against someone adjusting the seat in order to put it in the service bay, but cripes, I'm 5'11" and I couldn't even reach the darn steering wheel like that, nor could I see over the dang dash! Who in their right mind drives mostly lying down in the seat?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had mine in for service and for what I wanted checked they had to road test it. I say if they need to drive it they should adjust it so it fits best otherwise who knows what will happen. Would you get into a vehicle and not set it up to fit you?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Blakwing....welcome to sunny Fl...lol. No emmisions and no inspections. What a beautiful thing!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Fred,
You going to be at the meeting next Tuesday night (24th)?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Dillo, do you really want your last question anwsered? For some reason there are those who think it is 'cool'to drive in the prong prosition. Need I say more?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, from my perspective, then, that "cool" position equals "dangerous". I couldn't hardly see over the dash. To me, thats more than dangerous.....:sad:

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hey Blakwing,

Sounds like a business deal. You rent two rear temp tires for people going through emissions. Guess we could sell extended drive train warranties for when the burn the trans or clutch up. I vote to get the extended warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've worked in Ford garages as a service rep. If you let them know how "concerned" you are about the condition of your car when you get it back, most will at least attempt to get it back to you in reasonably good condition. I know I always tried to take care of other cars as I would my own. Most people see a car as just "another piece of meat". A lot of guys working on them are not car guys and you don't want to see what they're driving!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
These facilitites are State run facilities. It costs nothing to get your car tested and they don't pay much more than minimum wage so you can imagine the type of caring, quality employee they attract.
The methods they use haven't changed yet but the stories have all died down. I've got 3-4 years before the Bullitt gets called in and I am really dreading it. I believe that a few of the downstate facilities are still using the same method that they used to use, just a sensor in the tailpipe. When my time comes this may warrant a road trip.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds like a "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" story.

Should pull the information from the computer and see what the top speed and rpm were! Just Kidding. (Don't even know if that is possible)

Eric

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
That's so your boss can keep tabs on ya, huh Bob?! Making sure that you keep your head out of your Bullitt! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts