Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But its so draining. maybe its easier with a sprayer idk. but i started the process of painting the interior of my house last night. and im happy with the turn out. i still need to do some touch up though.

Im going for the vintage style in this room along with my Dinning room. the Fan is a vintage Desk top Westinghouse fan. and the light is a old Phone turned into a Desk Light.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm the type of person that can't walk away from something after I've started it. I started painting the inside of my house at 5:00 on a Friday night and went straight through until 9:00 Sunday. I did the entire inside! All of the bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen...

I did the same thing on the outside. My neighbor hired three guys to paint his house. It took three of them 3 days to paint the outside. I did mine by myself in a day and a half.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I like the way your room came out, Aaron. Looks good!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kevin. I also Have a bad back (yes only 22 and bad back), and I killed my wrists from the years of skateboarding so after a while they get really soar and worn out. as well as the fact that when i was getting down off the stool i must have twisted wrong and pulled my back out. lol im a mess at only 22. ill 30 and crippled you watch. lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Seems just like yesterday that you were 21...

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
I think what it is I hate about painting, (like our bedroom) is moving allthe crap we have, especially the bed headboard/shelf/cabinet combo! That I'll have to take apart!

The part I hate about outside house painting is the prep work, if you want a good paint job the prep will take just as much time.
Of course with the right equipment it can be painted pretty fast, amazing what 4 guys can do in a day!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I hear you, Karl. I started painting my garage floor last night. Lots of stuff to move, not light either.

·
Registered
923 Posts
You got my e-mail then?

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I spent four hours painting the dining room Saturday morning before my son's graduation. Then I spent from twelve hours Sunday completing it. Lots of trim and chair rails to tape off. Ten foot celings too so I had to use the ladder. Monday I spent 8 more hours in the hall way. I had to coat the walls two to three times because of the sorry paint the contractor used when they built the house. Thank God I had lots of Advil.

Painting stinks but now the house is finally completely repainted inside. Now it goes on the market.

·
3,389 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
I killed my wrists from the years of skateboarding so after a while they get really soar and worn out.
............:roll: Ya, that'swhat it's from....sure.

..and PS, it's SORE!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
But its so draining. maybe its easier with a sprayer idk. but i started the process of painting the interior of my house last night. and im happy with the turn out. i still need to do some touch up though.

Im going for the vintage style in this room along with my Dinning room. the Fan is a vintage Desk top Westinghouse fan. and the light is a old Phone turned into a Desk Light.
Do you want to come over next weekend and paint the rest of my house. I've been working at redoing it for three years and still have two bedrooms, a hall and the garage to go...?:mad:

Looks great, and the phone/lamp is a far out idea. Very creative recycle of an old "appliance".

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TOYS-R-ME! said:
............:roll: Ya, that'swhat it's from....sure.

..and PS, it's SORE!!!!
yeah thanks terry. It's funny, I have a large vocabulary but was never any good at spelling them lol.

ps. it is from skateboarding. :razz:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kaylan1521 said:
Riiiiightt!

For the record this is why we paint buildings and not houses. :wink: Too much of a PITA with furniture and stuff.

BTW Aaron, room looks good.

And you all get to use sprayers right? using a roller and a small brush kinda sucks lol.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MustangMarkus said:
He he, DHG livingroom, hu? Looks great!
You know what markus, I didnt even think about that until you said something. It does look DHG though, just without the metalic flake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts