Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Looks like the spare wheel from Automotive Authority, who devised a spare wheel (aftermarket) for S550 with 6 piston Brembo. The AA kit came with a Ford jack and lug wrench. The center screw is OEM, to secure the molded foam block that held the OEM air compressor/goo dispenser. The spare wheel will clear the front Brembos on performance pack and is close spec on tire height front and rear, not damaging the Torsen diff.
You got a present from the prevous owner. Current MSRP on just the spare tire is $430.
Complete the kit with a scissor jack, lug wrench with 13/16" socket for the OEM nuts and be prepared to torque to 150 lbs/ft.
Look at post# 46 in the thread you mentioned for the link to AA and info on your spare tire.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
jystickman, I have the AA spare tire, which is quality. AA recognized the need for a spare tire for S550 with 6 piston Brembos, as the FORD S550 spare tire does not clear 6 piston Brembo's, and it works on front and rear with our Bullitts.

Please complete soon with a Ford Mustang scissor jack (has the mount slots to not mess up the pinch welds and a integral handle to use the jack, a lug wrench with 13/16" socket (Gorilla makes a kit with a compact extendable breaker bar to break high torque nuts, and multiple size sockets) and remember to torque to 150 lbs/ft, FORD spec, which is HARD push down on the breaker bar when tightening the nuts in a 5 star pattern.
I also keep 2 large cans of Slime in the wheel well. Just in case. BE PREPARED, I am an old Boy Scout.

I taught my daughter how to change a tire when she started driving solo. Later she had a flat and changed it herself but advised that she consulted GOOGLE to refresh. Proud Dad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts