Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

While putting the extra goodies away from the trunk of my Bullitt, when I went to go put away the tire inflator kit, I found...a spare tire under the trunk floor. Brand new.

Looking at No OEM Spare Tire for Clearing Brembo Brakes and also other pictures I had seen of other cars for sale, I am kind of surprised to find a spare there. It appears to be a Ford spare tire - the center screw holding the tire in place is definitely a Ford part. As expected, there's no jack. It's a 155/70R19 temp spare.

Reading the other thread, I'm concerned about ever trying to use that spare. But...it looks like Ford put it there?

Attaching picture. Pointers to any clarifying thread appreciated.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for that pointer! I missed the link reading through the thread. Definitely what I have and definitely a gift from the previous owner(s). I'm amazed at the thoroughness of that part to include even the Ford wing nut (thank you - couldn't think of the term when I wrote it).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jystickman, I have the AA spare tire, which is quality. AA recognized the need for a spare tire for S550 with 6 piston Brembos, as the FORD S550 spare tire does not clear 6 piston Brembo's, and it works on front and rear with our Bullitts.

Please complete soon with a Ford Mustang scissor jack (has the mount slots to not mess up the pinch welds and a integral handle to use the jack, a lug wrench with 13/16" socket (Gorilla makes a kit with a compact extendable breaker bar to break high torque nuts, and multiple size sockets) and remember to torque to 150 lbs/ft, FORD spec, which is HARD push down on the breaker bar when tightening the nuts in a 5 star pattern.
I also keep 2 large cans of Slime in the wheel well. Just in case. BE PREPARED, I am an old Boy Scout.

I taught my daughter how to change a tire when she started driving solo. Later she had a flat and changed it herself but advised that she consulted GOOGLE to refresh. Proud Dad.
Already looking for a jack, etc. to complete the kit. I completely agree about needing to complete the setup.

I taught my older son to change a tire and will teach my younger one the same. Probably a separate topic but it seems like it's becoming a lost art teaching basic automotive tasks to kids. For example, my 2 Mini Coopers have no oil dipstick. The computer tells you the oil level. And getting to the filter itself is sometimes waaaay too much work. It was so much easier working on my old Fox body 5.0....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts