Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful wife Kay is really supportive of me and my car maddness..... But when the latest great deal came along she didn't say any thing just looked at me with those eyes that said, "Please not another one".... :confused:


Its a 1998 or 1999 Lincoln VIII LSC. A youngster at work had it and during the last bad weather he nosed it into the ditch, busting the front bumper cover right side HID head light and popped the drivers airbag... Insurance totaled it, buy back was $500.00 So I bought it.....:rolleyes:

The VIII LSC had the 290HP 4 valve motor....... This car has Cobra wheels on it and Good year F1 tires.... I'm thinking strip its interior, trunk and airride supension system down to shell with an engine and drive line, add some drag radials, light weight seat, cage, 150 shot of nitrious some cool quarter panel graphics saying Hot Rod Lincoln with my vehcile appraisers company as sponsor and go drag racing.......

Sounds lke fun..... But I'm going to have to hide it from her until she gets used to the idea :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
wow... have fun with it!! until you get caught, you should have one heck of a fun project there! (but hey, always easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission, right? :p )

shaun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SniperStang said:
wow... have fun with it!! until you get caught, you should have one heck of a fun project there! (but hey, always easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission, right? :p )

shaun
Thats what I thought
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,101 Posts
JR..

What does the wife think about the new Barn add-on :D
 

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
Joined
·
13,583 Posts
Jimmy, where in the heck are you going to hide a car? Doesn't she go into the garage, or are you storing it somewhere else? Don't worry, I won't tell her. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,798 Posts
JR,

Tell her two of the other vehicles got "frisky" with each other and the Lincoln is what resulted!

No?

Okay, try the ol' "honey, look what followed me home, can I keep it, please!"

:-B :-B :-B :-B
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,235 Posts
No problem Jimmy!!! Let Kay race it too. She might like it more than you!!!! That was a good deal on that ride!
BTW...you should have the famed Teskid aluminum block! The block was good for big HP,factory internals limit that down though. That block would be a good build up for that lonely 2001 Bullitt!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Those cars are great. They have so many cool options on them. Some of the stuff they have, other cars are just getting now. 97,98 is the second generation the nice one. Great buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
54deuce said:
Those cars are great. They have so many cool options on them. Some of the stuff they have, other cars are just getting now. 97,98 is the second generation the nice one. Great buy.
Yea like the HID head light that is big bucks to replace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
They dont make the HID bulbs for that anymore sylvania discontinued them. Same for the neon rear center tail light. Ford will reman your existing housings and fit them with regular bulbs the down side is its 1200 bucks. You may have to switch to a new HID kit they sell them on ebay and they do suck I had a ballist go out not even one year old
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
54deuce said:
They dont make the HID bulbs for that anymore sylvania discontinued them. Same for the neon rear center tail light. Ford will reman your existing housings and fit them with regular bulbs the down side is its 1200 bucks. You may have to switch to a new HID kit they sell them on ebay and they do suck I had a ballist go out not even one year old
Besides the airbag popping the head light that got busted is the reason the car got totaled...

Its a damn shame because it is great looking car with great performance ( the kid that owned it really took care of it, until he wrecked it))...He drove out of the ditch and to the AAA holding lot. I guess it will become a parts house/ drag car ether way I think I didn't do too bad with the 4V engine tranny and rear axle plus the aftermarket Cobra wheels that are installed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Some one either put alot of work into swapping hubs and rotors from a mustang or they bought the special rims for the mark VIII cobra replica mark VIII bolt pattern. MarkVIIIs are 4.25 bolt pattern and mustangs are 4.5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
54deuce said:
Some one either put alot of work into swapping hubs and rotors from a mustang or they bought the special rims for the mark VIII cobra replica mark VIII bolt pattern. MarkVIIIs are 4.25 bolt pattern and mustangs are 4.5.
OH really I didnot know that I bet they are the 4.25 pattern any other werid things I need to know,,,,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
If they are 4.25 they are worth alot of money I think they cost 1500 for a set of 4.
The trans 1-2 shift slip or delay on 97 or earlier. There is a valve in the trans that goes bad. It can be fixed with the upgraded stronger ford parts. 98s had this already put in 98s ok. Check out lincolns of distinction web site they have all the stuff on there of common problems and fixes its good reading.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Mus408 said:
Why would Ford go to a smaller 4 1/4 bolt pattern,on a larger car than the Mustang? Crown Vics were 4 1/2.

I dont know. My friend has a 97 t-bird same platform we had to do the switch on his car to mustang hubs etc. to put bullitt rims on it. Its crazy but they did it. I dont know what others are that size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It does have the 4.25 lug pattern....

The car is home and need to make a list so I can start hunting parts
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top