Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never paid for a fluid change in my life. EVER. It's cold and I don't have time, so I take the Bullitt over to a reputable shop for a tranny and differential fluid change. I have clearly written on an index card "USE 3.4 QUARTS OF MOBIL1 ATF"

I go to pick it up and he shows me proudly the GEAR OIL he put in it. He says this is what specs say. I say NO. He says take it for a ride and see. First shift, I know. Too thick. Turn right around and go back. He gets on the phone playing like the supplier gave him the wrong stuff. It is on the lift as we speak having the correct fluid put in.

Now, I have to drive it home 55 miles back home from work not trusting it. There it will sit until next week when I have time to change the fluid AGAIN myself to make sure the rest of that crap is out of my transmission.

What is the matter with people?

I will now return to RULE #1:

NOBODY TOUCHES MY F#%$ING CARS!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
no, rule #1 is "kill anyone who touches my F%^%^&G car."

that way no one has to worry about discovering rule #2...

Sorry to hear about your wrench-monkey mishap, Charlie... hope your baby is back to normal and happy very soon!

shaun

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Precisely why I have learned how to do pretty much everything on a car. I really don't get how a person who should know more than I do, manages to botch an easy job. Everytime I pay someone to do something I could have done myself, it turns in to a disaster. For those of you that have a good mechanic, take care of them.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Mus408 said:
Big +1 on doing your own work!!!
ditto-
Sorry to heat your troubles lunchbox, but stories like this just keep me busy in the garage looking after my 4 personal vehicles.

=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
A good shop is as good as gold...

Fortunately, I have a good independent garage that I can trust with the PITA jobs I prefer not to do myself. At 58 I don't care much for lying on my back under a car anymore and they are very well equipped with the latest equipment for diagnostics, flushing fluids etc. I give them the products I want installed in the car with a copy of info from the Bullitt archives, and I know it will be done the way I requested. I consider myself blessed. And oh, yeah, they are much cheaper than the stealership. If you find a good one, treat 'em well.:smile:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had to leave the best mechanic I've ever met behind when I moved. Now I'm terrified of taking any of my cars to someone new.

If you live around New Port Richey, FL (727)375-9337 Autotechnologies run and owned by a guy named Charlie Kemp. Use him, he is worth the drive.

K

·
Car Whisperer
21,387 Posts
I agree completely....why I do all my own. Can't believe that the shop would consider itself a reputable shop when they would not only use what they used, but completely ignored your request. Even if they were too stupid to know what went in, too stupid to check, they were too stupid to pay attention to what the customer ordered. My guess is that shop won't be around long.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Charlie: That situation had to be frustrating beyond imagination. The guy should have done what you requested!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
There is a shop here in palmdale that is very good. guy takes care of all the cars like they were his own. knows his stuff. I usually do all the maintenance on my car and my dad does his but every now and then we take it to him to help him out. we feel bad because he charges us next to nothing like he pays for some of it himself.

maybe the guy did it backwards and put the tranny fluid in the differential and the gear oil in the tranny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts