Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kay say's I don't have life!!!!!! But I say Nay young lassy, I'm just becomeing more a part of my world of Bullitts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A MEGA BULLITTHEAD!!!!!!!Thats me, whats the next step to Bullitt greatness

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-16 22:41, Jimmy Ray wrote:
A MEGA BULLITTHEAD!!!!!!!Thats me, whats the next step to Bullitt greatness

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Driving a BUICK!!!! :-B

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Well Ray that looks like what I'll get to do this weekend because dad can't get the Vrown Vic into the garage until Thursday.
Cam

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-16 23:01, chilli bullitt wrote:
Well Ray that looks like what I'll get to do this weekend because dad can't get the Vrown Vic into the garage until Thursday.
Cam

If the Buick has the 3800 superchaged engine ask dad if you can take it out and open it up... :-B

Did you know that some of the front wheel drive Buicks run in the 13's?

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 DHG
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-07-17 00:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ray,

I'm pretty sure that Buick hasn't built a 13 second front driver. Last 13 second Buick was the 1987 GN, and the last 547 of those were 12 second GNX's.

Modified, I believe it would be easy to go 13's with a supercharged front drive 3800 gen 2 V6, however, and I'm sure that's what you meant.

My last Buick went fast the old fashioned way. RWD V8. 1970 Buick LeSabre with the 325hp 350 that had 10.25:1 pistons from the factory. 15 flat in the 1/4 mile stock with a 5,000 lb car! But what I'd give for a 1970 GS Stage 1.

1,169 Posts
On 2001-07-17 02:09, Five Oh B wrote:
Ray,

I'm pretty sure that Buick hasn't built a 13 second front driver. Last 13 second Buick was the 1987 GN, and the last 547 of those were 12 second GNX's.

Modified, I believe it would be easy to go 13's with a supercharged front drive 3800 gen 2 V6, however, and I'm sure that's what you meant.

My last Buick went fast the old fashioned way. RWD V8. 1970 Buick LeSabre with the 325hp 350 that had 10.25:1 pistons from the factory. 15 flat in the 1/4 mile stock with a 5,000 lb car! But what I'd give for a 1970 GS Stage 1.

I cut back my car collection recently. In the last 2 years I sold my 1970 GSX Stage 1 it was the saturn yellow. And my 1987 GN. I'm making room for some of the NEW muscle that's coming from Ford and Buick... :-B

The FWD Buick Regal GS car just needs VERY little mods to run in the 13's. The 3800 is a great engine!

It's great to talk to someone that know's Buick's on a Ford site... :-B

1,169 Posts
On 2001-07-17 00:22, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>If the Buick has the 3800 superchaged engine ask dad if you can take it out and open it up...

Did you know that some of the front wheel drive Buicks run in the 13's?</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know jack about FWDs but that V-6 Grand National Turbo is a real road rocket! :smile: I never could figure out why GM quit building them. I guess the SS and Vette crowd didn't like being upstaged!
Buick stoped making the GN because Buick went to the front wheel drive platform across the board..... :cry:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my way to Bullitt greatness I must get a Buick? 70GS Stage3 sounds pretty cool.

1,169 Posts
On 2001-07-17 22:32, Jimmy Ray wrote:
On my way to Bullitt greatness I must get a Buick? 70GS Stage3 sounds pretty cool.

I only know one 70 Stage3 it has about 1500 miles on it. 1/4 mile at a time.... :-B

·
Registered
351 Posts
Reminds me of a buick 3.8 litre V6, that I built for my wifes first car. Rebored block over 30, installed TRW larger intake valves, hi lift, long duration wolverine cam, double roller timing chain TRW, hi volume oil pump, HOLLEY 390 cfm vac. secondarys, EDELBROCK aluminum intake,HOOKER COMPETITION HEDDERS,TRW forged pistons, FLOMASTER MUFFLERS,etc. Like arocket at highway speeds, but no bottom end due to auto trans, stock convertor, 2.56 rear.Lots of memories!

·
Registered
452 Posts
My brother just picked up a 1987 GN in mint condition. Some old lady was selling it out of a Barn.. been stored for a long time. He just had the tranny beefed up and put a chip in it. That is one fast hot rod. TO bad he lives in Michigan and I live in washington or we would have some good grudge matches, but I think at this point he would kill me in the 1/4, but in the autocross he would be junk... nice rides thought... a good classic muscle car for the 80.s......

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ray,

About a month back when Ivan Grozny (Bullitt #765) and I were drag racing at Seattle Int'l Raceway, there was a good showing of late model Pontiac GTP's with the Buick 3800 S/C V6 going near 14 flat. I was fearing that I might actually get beat by one!

I used to be a GM enthusiast. Had the 70 Buick LeSabre mentioned above, a 72 Nova with a 66 Vette L71 427, and my favorite: 68 Pontiac GTO. Just love them A-body GM's from '64 to '72. Always wanted one each: GTO, GS/GSX, Chevelle SS, and 442 W-30.

I learned about the Buick Grand Nationals a little too late. I tried to order one brand new in April 1987, but was told that I had missed the order cutoff and that production was ending. Couldn't find one on local lots. A good friend bought a black '87 Regal T-Type with the 3.8 Turbo and 3.42 posi rear end. That thing was running low 14's with just 100 miles on the odometer bone stock and spinning the factory tires. Anyway, since I missed my chance at a new GN, I went to Ford and bought an '88 Mustang and then an '89 LX a year later. The 5.0 won me over big time and I've not gone back to GM.

1,169 Posts
On 2001-07-18 04:28, Five Oh B wrote:
Ray,

About a month back when Ivan Grozny (Bullitt #765) and I were drag racing at Seattle Int'l Raceway, there was a good showing of late model Pontiac GTP's with the Buick 3800 S/C V6 going near 14 flat. I was fearing that I might actually get beat by one!

I used to be a GM enthusiast. Had the 70 Buick LeSabre mentioned above, a 72 Nova with a 66 Vette L71 427, and my favorite: 68 Pontiac GTO. Just love them A-body GM's from '64 to '72. Always wanted one each: GTO, GS/GSX, Chevelle SS, and 442 W-30.

I learned about the Buick Grand Nationals a little too late. I tried to order one brand new in April 1987, but was told that I had missed the order cutoff and that production was ending. Couldn't find one on local lots. A good friend bought a black '87 Regal T-Type with the 3.8 Turbo and 3.42 posi rear end. That thing was running low 14's with just 100 miles on the odometer bone stock and spinning the factory tires. Anyway, since I missed my chance at a new GN, I went to Ford and bought an '88 Mustang and then an '89 LX a year later. The 5.0 won me over big time and I've not gone back to GM.

Yes I agree getting beat by a FWD granny car would not be FUN!... :lol:

Just think, if you bought a GN your on sreen name would be "V6 Turbe B" :-B

·
Registered
280 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Just think, if you bought a GN your on sreen name would be "V6 Turbo B"</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny you mention this, when I had my 1968 GTO, many people knew me by my personalized plates that read 6 PT 5, which of course referred to the 6.5 litre V8 (400 cubic inches) residing under the hood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts