Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not THAT bad, but when ordering my Bullitt, I missed the check-box for the Mach 460 sound system. See, I used the web-site, and the first page where you pick packages includes the Mach 460 with the Bullitt package, but later, in the Interior options, it has to be picked separately. I didn't notice this, thinking that the Mach 460 was part of the package. Thus, I don't have the Mach 460. What can I do to remedy this? Can I get the 2001 Mach 460 done after market? From whom?

I can't really justify going to the dealership and demanding anything considering the steal I got my Bullitt for (trust me, I walked away with it), and if I can get something done for under $1000, I won't complain too much. Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
On that note, my Bullitt did not have the 460 either. Does the other stereo have an amp like the premium systems do. My 94 Ranger had an Amp. And does anyone know were to look for the amp, for future replacement.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You have to check with the ford parts or service dept. to see if the wiring harness is the same for the system you have and the mach460 (which I doubt). More than likely its not and you would have to get the wiring harness, two amps which mount next to the two rear speakers and the speakers in the door. You can spend a small fortune buying it at ford or yank a system out of a wreck if your handy and really want it (wiring harness and amps are the main thing). Other wise see if you can buy the radio, get the speaker grills from ford and buy the rest from crutchfield. Crutchfield will give you the connectors to the factory wiring. If your not familiar with hooking this up, check with someone you can trust because you can end up spending alot of money and it doesn't work. Also if you go with the ford head unit, some have internal amps, some don't. And you still have to hook up the external amp if you need one. If done right you can end up with a system that looks the same but sounds better. Check with ford and see what six disk head unit will work with your current harness and upgrade the speakers. Look around the web or junkyards for someone selling the radio you need. I had to reposition my rear speaker grills and you cant see the speakers, only a slit in the carpeted rear deck (big speaker grills for show).

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hey Micah,So you are in Willamsburg! Man right at my backdoor! I bet Rt.5 is your test track!! We get down there many times,only about 45 minute drive towards Petersburg/Colonial Heights! I like those new roads they cut in around the Greensprings area. Our timeshare location is there.May catch up with ya for lunch/bench racing one weekend!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don't feel too bad about missing out on the Mach 460. Put the money you saved toward a high end aftermarket system, particularly if you like a lot of bass in your music. The Mach 460 is a good system as far as FACTORY stereo's go, but NONE of the factory systems, be they Mach, JBL, GM's Monsoon or Bose units or Chrysler's Infinity's put out the sound quality that a component Kenwood Amplifer system with Polk speakers and perhaps a couple of Audiobahn subwoofers would. And yes, there are several aftermarket radios out there with 6 disc in dash changers. I'm already tinkering with the idea of adding a couple of "real" subwoofers to my Mach system to get the sound quality up to where I'd like it to be. With the exhaust note of our Bullitts, I find the best sounds coming from tailpipes, not the speakers!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-21 23:25, Mus408 wrote:
Hey Micah,So you are in Willamsburg! Man right at my backdoor! I bet Rt.5 is your test track!! We get down there many times,only about 45 minute drive towards Petersburg/Colonial Heights! I like those new roads they cut in around the Greensprings area. Our timeshare location is there.May catch up with ya for lunch/bench racing one weekend!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Mus408,

Really small world this is turning out to be. :smile:

I haven't taken my Bullitt down Rt 5 yet, but that sounds like a good idea. I've mostly stuck to 199 since it's convinient for me.

One of the hospital's off-site locations is out at Greensprings. Now that you mention it, that would be a great area to drive around in. Not much traffic, nice roads.

If you're planning on coming down just send me an email. I'm notorious for not checking my mail on weekends, though. ;>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts