Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Truckin' magazine on my way back from Austin this weekend and found an advertisement for a place that CNCs their own wheel spacers w/studs.

1.25" spacers are less that $80 for the pair. I should have a set in the next week or two and will let you all know the quality. For those interested their website is: www.adapters-store.com They only make about 1000 different models so it looks like they at least thought that out.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
What is the actual part no.? There are several choices in the 5/5 adapters in the 1.25in. size. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
one thing to make sure of is that they are hub centric. I didnt see anything about them being hub centric. that is the reason i went with the H&R and their racing reputation. Also, when i was doing my research, i was told to go no larger than an inch for stress reasons. I think they were refering to the stock wheel studs strenght. I would say if they are hub centric that is really a good buy, keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

They are lug-centric. But installed properly they still shouldn't offer any additional vibration or other issues(torque lug nuts while car is supported by jack). The 1.25 spacers for our cars are model LL. They were $94.00 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
152 Posts
well, i know that hub centric means the the hub(center of the wheel) centers the spacer automatically so there is no chance of it being off, and cause vibration. the h&r's are dual hub centric meaning both spacer and wheel are centered. Now lug centric must mean that the lugs center the wheel. I guess if you tighten them correctly it will center itself around the lugs, vs. the lips on the hub centric styles. I had a cheap set on my probe for about 20 minutes that were universal and they caused horible vibration. they had no type of centric. they were the worst!!!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly. If you look at a set of H&Rs you will notice a small ridge or lip raised around the hub. This will center your wheel regardless of how your lugs are torqued(hubcentric). Tracktoy had it right about lugcentric. If you're careful it will center properly, but there is a chance of them being off. If these suck I will let everyone know...and quickly so no one wastes money.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got the "cheapo" wheel spacers from www.adapters-store.com

They are lug-centric which is not a problem. I installed them without issues and put the wheels back on and torqued the lugs while it was off the ground. The result...no vibration at any speed. They are 1.25inch spacers, look to be very high quality and only cost $94 for 2 of them shipped to my door.

If you are looking for spacers and are having trouble with H&Rs price look into these. The model # is LL.
Here are the spacers before install.

Side view of spacers

No spacer installed

With spacer installed

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
They look very good, Tim. Too bad my H&Rs were already in transit when this post started, I could've saved a little.

Either way, they do look great! :grin:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm new to the site and haven't heard about spacing the wheels. I just gotta ask why? Is it for performance or looks or both?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-10 22:39, jjmstng68 wrote:
I'm new to the site and haven't heard about spacing the wheels. I just gotta ask why? Is it for performance or looks or both?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I did it mostly for looks. Performance is also increased. Win-win situation.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Kind of for both.

If you stand and look down the side of the car, you'll notice the rear tires are tucked under too much and just looks a little weird. Using 30mm spacers places the wheel flush to match the front. It also helps the car corner a little better because of the wider stance.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
No tire rub? If not I think I'll join the crowd. Do the spacers only go on the rear wheels?

Green Bullitt #4668
1968 5.0 EFI Mustang W/T-5 trans. 17" Torque Thrust II's and a whole lot more!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjmstng68 on 2001-11-10 23:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
No tire rub with the 30mm spacers, but don't go any deeper. I wouldn't recommend any for the front. They do come with extra lug nuts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts