Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frikkin' Monday already, and I did not drive, or even start #1074 all Weekend, again.
I have had this car for about a year and a half, and have only managed to put around 3000 miles on it. I put new tires on it over a month ago, and drove it home from Discount tire, and it's been parked since...
Don't mean to whine but, I need to find a few more hours in each day. I usually work 11 to 12 hours a day, at one of the largest Beer distributors in the Great State of Texas. And although the incredible Beer sales are a good thing, it makes for long days...
So, here's my problem. I have a 4 year old daughter, Sierra, who is my whole world. She tends to make me forget the Bullitt is in the garage sometimes. And then there's Samantha, the 9 year old daughter. Who I love as much, but is a little more self contained (less maintenance). All she needs is Hanna Montana.
And last but not least, my 30 year old Wife, Linda, who I give thanks for everyday(I'm 50 by the way). She is the best. She supports me, my toys and my immature ways without question.
I sold my scary fast, modded Hayabusa a coupla' months ago because of the same problem, no time to ride...
It was a mint 2005 Blue/Silver Hayabusa, and only had 3800 miles.
So, now, I have a set of Hooker Super Comp SS headers, with the Offroad X-pipe crossover, sitting at a friends shop waiting for me to find time to pick them up and install them (they fell off a truck), and I can't even do that anytime soon.
I even have the money for the Kenne Bell Supercharger kit. The complete kit for the Bullitt. Cold air intake and all. And as much as I want to order it and receive it, I know I'm not gonna have time to install it or even get properly aroused by looking at it and touching the Twin screw...
So another thing on hold.
Now don't misunderstand, I love my life. And it's always a blast to wake up each day and try to get something right. But, in all, I miss driving my Bullitt...
Perhaps in the Fall, Beer sales will slow down and I'll have more time to mod and drive #1074 again...
Sorry for the rant, but it just a typical Monday and everything that can go wrong, is...

David

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Beer sales slow down??? Does that ever happen? :lol: Sounds like you could just grab your youngest, chunk her in the car and go for a cruise to the beach one evening. I find myself taking 2429 out less and less. Just because I did rack up the miles early (35,000 the first 2 years.) I hate detailing cars, so she sits in the garage except for the Friday nights out to Biff's. :clap:

Don't fret it, the enjoyment time in the car will come.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would think that will fall coming around beer sales would go up. I only say that because of the magic we all know as "Football", so I know beer consumption only goes up in my house around then! lol.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
At least you have the Bullitt when time frees up.....Sure the job requires long hours, your family takes time also, and then there's the BULLITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!You have your priorities in order.....Family, job, then car.....By the way, what's your daily driver????????

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pronkie1 said:
At least you have the Bullitt when time frees up.....Sure the job requires long hours, your family takes time also, and then there's the BULLITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!You have your priorities in order.....Family, job, then car.....By the way, what's your daily driver????????
The Wife has a 2008 King Ranch Expedition...
However, I drive a Company car. And I'm allowed to use it for personal use as well. Beets the heck out of paying for gas out of pocket...
Oh, and it's a 2008 Chevy HHR Panel.
Don't laugh, I know it kinda gay, but it free...

David

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Devious said:
However, I drive a Company car. And I'm allowed to use it for personal use as well. Beets the heck out of paying for gas out of pocket...

David
Nothing wrong with FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Too bad its a Chevy....lol....They always said Chrysler should have done that to the PT Cruiser, make it a panel......

·
Registered
987 Posts
I feel ur pain I havent driven my bullitt in 6 weeks but the bad thing for me is that its a the mech shop so there is nothing to do but sit and wait at the phone hoping for a phone call...:(

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You can take the Bullitt to work sometimes depending on how far it is and how much traffic. I know what you are talking about I work alot also and its hard to fit going for a cruise in the schedule, but the time we do get we cherish.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Devious said:

David
I have a saying that goes, "If it's free, it's for me". Driving the free HHR is kinda like takin' one for the team. Preservation of the Bullitt. Not that there's anything wrong with gay...:clap:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
HHR panel isn't gay. It is the wave of the fuel miser future. Consider yourself a trailblazer(sorry, they are dead now too!). Er...Innovator! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts