Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Orlando tonight to run, after deciding not to go to Gainesville. Why? I don't know. Stupid move on my part. I get within 4 miles of the track and there is a wreck up ahead. As I go around I pick up a piece of inner fender or something and self tapping screw. Brand new Nitto trashed. Plugged the tire, turned around and came home.

Besides the car be heatsoaked by the time I get there, this is yet another reason to trailer the car to the track.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-11-21 22:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-11-21 22:56 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that would be great, but I don't think my little 302 F150 would pull it :grin: My neighbor actually has a nice 24 ft enclosed car trailer and Crew Cab Powerstroke to pull it with. He as offered several times to haul it to the track for me, but I hate to impose on him.

It'll probably be a while before I get back to the track. I don't really have spare money for a race tire right now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If I had known about your plight earlier, I could have loaned you my 18' trailer and truck. The trailer goes between CT and FL several times a year - that's how I got my Bullitt down here.

Trailer and truck are headed back to CT next week.

Would like to meet up with you and any other Central FL Bullittheads sometime. You got the place, we got the wheels :-B

·
Banned
975 Posts
To 01GTB: Are you looking for an open or closed trailer ?. I have been researching this option for 4 months for my Bullitt. Try http://www.exploreus.com for options, both open and closed in Alum and Steel. I have ordered an closed 24ft Alum with 5000# axles,brakes on both axles,4 floor d-rings,winch in floor and side awning for the hot sunny days. I will load the Bullitt and 883 Harley Hugger in the trailer and pull with my Y2k Ford diesel pickup.
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-11-22 12:07 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bullitt 289, thanks for the offer :smile: Gonna be a while before I go back though. When next week are you leaving? How often do you back down this way?

mb4875, I will probably end up with an open trailer if anything. I would like to have a enclosed, but I have spent a lot of money lately on furniture and appliances and stuff like that. I really need to do some work on my truck before I think about getting any trailer :grin:

·
Registered
144 Posts
01GTB: I'm in CT now for Thanksgiving, will be back early Sunday PM. I'm leaving next Wednesday AM for Savanna, GA and then CT for vacation. I was lucky to get xferred by my company to FL in October. Send me an e-mail at my address on file when your back. Looking forward to meeting up with you at some point. :-B

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure I will be back at the track in the next couple weeks, probably on Goodyears :mad: I get down to Orlando every now and then even when I'm not racing. I have a couple friends down that way. We usually go shoot pool or something over at Trickshots on University.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts