Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I know the pics we got are the PP models, but if you do some searching, check out mustang.co.jp and look at thier version of the bullitt, in both v6 and GT models. I want the side louvers!!!!!!!!

Does Ford plan to do this or what? I just see little things here and there that seem so easy to do, but they seem to be forgotten.

I'm offshore and I called my local stealer and they said they have their allocation and wanted to know what options I wanted on it. I had dealt with them before when I was considering buying a GT500, but I wanted the Bullitt more and at the time, 2 months ago, there was nothing certain. He was cool with it, gave me a rdiculous price for the GT500, found one for $2500 over sticker in Houston, but still told that dealer to give me a bit of time to see if the Bullitt does come to life. Sure enough it has, the first dealer remembered me being concerned about it, and from dealing with me getting my hologram, so I pretty much have the 1st Bullitt that their getting waiting with my name on it. The real question is wether to do it now, or wait until january after I get my taxes back so I can put more down on it.

decisions decisions, this sucks lol

Here's the link to the Japanese versions of the Bullitt, the grill looks better too and it comes with little subtle side scoops.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.mustang.co.jp/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.mustang.co.jp%26num%3D50%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
The Japanese Bullitts were an aftermarket produced car. Ford had nothing to do with them and I am surprised they can still sell them. You will have to buy the side window louvers. Side louvers were not an option due to visibility concerns (blind Spot) What you saw in the PP cars is the production version. Only options are:

Sirus Sat Radio
Navigation
Shaker 1000 stereo upgrade
HID headlamps/antitheft package
ambient lighting
Wheel locks

If you were to order all the options listed it bumps the price to 36K MSRP.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had quarter window louvers on my v6 car. They were solid and created a HUGE blind spot. I'd only go with ones that you can see through the lats at least a little bit.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have a set of those... I've yet to use them and they are unpainted for anyone that is interested. Those don't do the 68 look for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The SHR louvers look good, but not for the Bullitt, IMO. They are more in the '65-'66style plus are a considerable modification. I'm way too much of a wuss to pop my quarter windows out. :lol:

I really like the ones Bullitt 736 posted. CDC makes some that don't look too far off, but the vents are too widely spaced compared to those on the '68. Doesn't look terrible though...

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/629.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is one other option available that I would love to have, and that is the "glassback" roof. I have no clue how much it is though.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Rebirth3353 said:
There is one other option available that I would love to have, and that is the "glassback" roof. I have no clue how much it is though.
It will not be available for the Bullitt. Unless Ford changes something but I doubt it. That's why there is no vert. Only options available are what I posted. Sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's my understanding that the glassback is available for all HARDTOP Mustangs. It's not done at the dealer, it's done by sunroof shops, but cosidered a Ford Option, kinda the same way a Ford car cover from the dealer is an option, but not a factory installed one.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I clicked on the Japanese link and found this at the bottom:

"Steve MAKKUIN starring in the movie "Bullitt" appeared in 1968, the Mustang, Mustang NEW to reproduce. 1968年純正色”ハイランドグリーン”のボディーカラーをはじめ、細部まで忠実に再現しました". :lol:

Steve MAKKUIN? :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta love translations.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I drove a convertible 07 over last weekend. With the top up, there are no side windows like on the coupe. All I can say is it is a HUGE blindspot. I really wanted to put holes in the top so I could see. I know the side louvers look good, but I would never get them. It's just too much of a liability. I suggest anyone thinking of getting them should try driving their car with the side windows covered to see what it is like.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My 1/4 windows are useless anyway with the tint on them, the 08's were gonna end up jsut as dark if not covered by louvers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts