Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt DHG K0158 3000mi w/magneride,tint, electronics, Mach1 wheels, Whipple & all 5spurs adds
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a vanity plate for my '19 Bullitt (with Stage 1 Whipple and all the goodies from 5spurs.com) but I can't make up my mind. I've had some good suggestions from fellow Bullittheads and I've scanned the web for ideas. So, since this forum is a bit slow these days, maybe a little creative thought will enliven IMBOC.

Here is a list of the ideas that I have so far for a 7 letter/number plate:

JJZ 109 not too original
NVR2L8 I figure an old guy like me (71 years) should make a statement to the world as to why an 'old' guy is driving a...
NYC RYD is the comment i get everywhere I go
GRUMPY that's me when I don't have the pedal to the metal
HAMMER self explanatory for 775HP
K0158 my number but not too exciting either
NDANGRD the V8 ICE in a rear wheel drive with a manual transmission has its years numbered
ENDGAME I'm dying with this toy
THUNDRR what I hear when I am smiling
LYTNING so, it is faster than most anything on the street
SCBULIT but will the world understand the fun of a supercharged Bullitt?
370HSSV read it upside down
COWBOY Lone Ranger doesn't fit
GRIZZLY my nickname

More ideas would be much appreciated Ken

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'd probably go with JJZ 109 if it were available. Its subtle but a direct tie in to the car that started it all. I also like grumpy, I thought of something like that myself - Grouch. Grouch is green and grumpy :ROFLMAO:

I like some of your other choices too like NDANGRD.

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt DHG K0158 3000mi w/magneride,tint, electronics, Mach1 wheels, Whipple & all 5spurs adds
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe...DRKHORS...before its gone? But, no, its a Bullitt not a 2024 Gen7. Or, if we are thinking of the equine breed.....FURY?

·
Registered
2019 K5624
31 Posts
My thoughts:

JJZ 109, though not original, is a good one for a reason
NVR2L8 I like because of the old guy thing, plus with all those ponies you're probably never late to anything
NYC RYD puts the 'vanity' in vanity plate, so this is the only one I outright dismiss
GRIZZLY because it's personal to you

The rest are just kinda meh to me.

But I do like the DRKHORS suggestion. Wish I would've thought of that when I got mine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, NYC RYD is vainly arrogant and GRIZZLY doesn't reflect the car's 'personality'.. JJZ 109 looks like a top contender with NVR2L8 up there also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I finally went down to the Motor Vehicle Registry and began to go through my list of choices. Up here in the great white north, that is the only way to know for sure if a plate is already taken. JJV 109 = not allowed as it is the same combination of letter and numbers in a 7 space format as our govt issued plates. NVR 2L8 = not, as it was already used in 1981 and is a trailer format. NDANGRD = no as it was taken in 2001. 370HSSV = no as they already know what it says upside down. And, ENDGAME, GRIZZLY, HAMMER already taken.

So I can appreciate how difficult it is for bryanlc in California with 40 million people (and likely 80 million cars, trucks, bikes and trailers). In Alberta we only have 4 million people.

So, my 8th choice was NDNGRD with no A in it and makes it more of a brain teaser for roadies to figure out. Maybe that's even better? And NDNGRD made it through the history check. So in 2-3 weeks I 'should' receive my new plate.

Now I am still waiting on 5spurs to send me the stealth decklid emblem (that should be ready for sale in November) and then my rear end is presentable.:D

Thanks everyone for your input. That was fun while it lasted...better than talking politics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts