Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I oredered from Summitt FFR 4.10 gears and installation kit. But the installer said there should be a gear change in the transmission for the speedometer.... I thought the speed calubration was done by changing the computer, the sales rep at summit didn't know.... So?????

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
programmer or speed cal which is a separate little contraption instead of having a tuner.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Frankenstang said:
programmer or speed cal which is a separate little contraption instead of having a tuner.
+1
The old foxes used speedomoeter drive gears in the trans. Depending on which gears you went with, you would have to get a different drive gear with a different number of teeth. Here's an example of various gears. This is definitely what your mechanic is talking about, but it does not apply to your car.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Jimmy,Jimmy, my son....... time to get you a SCT programmer,with a box or custom tune,plus you can correct your speedometer right from the drivers seat!
That thing ought to rip,with those 4.10's. I guess you are doing this mod so that the poor ol' 01 Bullitt can try and hang in there with the new kid!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all... THATs what I thought.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I really, really wished I would have gone with 3.73's. You can almost take off in 4th gear with 4.10's. If I had a 6 speed tranny I'd be happy.

·
3,389 Posts
I too just had a set installed. Love them within city limits... Highway cruising though I think she revs too high, increased the revs by 800 rpm.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I did the 410s and sct tuner on mine. What a wakeup call! And yes, the speedo cal is done with the sct. I can easily get 3rd gear scratch that I could not get before.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Jimmy Ray: Another option not mentioned that I did was go with 373's and get a speed calibrator. Got my calibrator from Dallas Mustang for about $100. The speed calibrator of course will work with the 410s. Dallas Mustang will set the calibrator for you before shipping is you request.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Awesome. Have fun ;)

h2obullitt said:
I did the 410s and sct tuner on mine. What a wakeup call! And yes, the speedo cal is done with the sct. I can easily get 3rd gear scratch that I could not get before.
I get 3rd scratchs all the time with 3.27s, stock engine, mid pipe, and 255 Nittos :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am at 5000ft elevation, it robs power. When I go to sea level it feels like I put on a supercharger!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Jimmy, you got those gears installed yet? That should be an easy project,for all you jet mechanics....on a quiet 3rd shift!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going in as we speak... No I not installing, I screwed up a set of gears years ago and I don't want to screw these up so I took it to a professional where I get a warrenty

·
Banned
978 Posts
Sounds cool, JR. I had FRPP 3.73's professionally installed (came from the factory with 3.27's)in my '07 CVPI last year. Gained two and a half tenths in the quarter mile. Don't forget about the break-in period...I think it's 250 (or is it 500?) miles of normal driving before you should really get on it.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was wondering about break in period..... But 250-500 miles will take a couple of years to do

·
Banned
978 Posts
Jimmy Ray said:
I was wondering about break in period.....But 250-500 miles will take a couple of years to do.
Maybe you could pay some midget to work through the gears for a day on a dyno or something.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts