Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After playing around with 14.0's for a while and watching my 60' times go out the window, I've decided to go ahead and use the Nittos. I had considered buying a pair of Cobra R's because of the price, but was really looking for something else.

I decided to go ahead and test the waters with the PWO 17X9 Bullet (Bullitt Replica) wheels. I have heard mixed reviews of PWO in general. Some say their Cobra R replicas are nice, and others say service from PWO is slow, to say the least. I haven't seen anyone actually using the Bullitt knockoffs. They are a painted version, which, while not an exact match, comes close (at least thats what they say). They said they are in stock and should be here in 7-10 days. That would be very wrong of them to lie to me :grin:

The wheels are 17X9 with 5.945 backspacing and 24mm offset, very close to the Ford 17X9. We'll see. With shipping they came to $212 each. More than I really wanted to spend, oh well.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Call me ignorant...I know what the offset is..but what is backspacing. I have seen this title listed elsewhere, but no one in my circles seems to know what it is. As I am about to get a new set of Ford OE Chrome Bullitt wheels, is this something that I should concern myself with? I would appreciate anyone's info on this issue. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Offset - The offset of the wheel is the distance from the mounting pad to the centerline of the wheel.

Backside setting/Back spacing - The measurement from the mounting pad to the inner edge of the wheel.

From the American Racing web site.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-30 18:31, 01GTB wrote:
After playing around with 14.0's for a while and watching my 60' times go out the window, I've decided to go ahead and use the Nittos. I had considered buying a pair of Cobra R's because of the price, but was really looking for something else.

I decided to go ahead and test the waters with the PWO 17X9 Bullet (Bullitt Replica) wheels. I have heard mixed reviews of PWO in general. Some say their Cobra R replicas are nice, and others say service from PWO is slow, to say the least. I haven't seen anyone actually using the Bullitt knockoffs. They are a painted version, which, while not an exact match, comes close (at least thats what they say). They said they are in stock and should be here in 7-10 days. That would be very wrong of them to lie to me :grin:

The wheels are 17X9 with 5.945 backspacing and 24mm offset, very close to the Ford 17X9. We'll see. With shipping they came to $212 each. More than I really wanted to spend, oh well.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Does PWO have a Web Site?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Let us know how they look. I have often thought that the Bullitt could use a wider tire in the rear,just to fill in the wheel well. I believe the Bullitts come with 17X8 wheels.So the 17x9 would work well with a wider tire.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wheels arrived today. They look pretty close to the original. I am waiting for the Mattress Store to deliver my new bed right now, but after they drop it off, I'll head up to the tire place and get the tires mounted on them. I'll take pics and post them as soon as I can.

Hmmmm, Wednesday = Test&Tune...maybe, just maybe, I'll get the car to the track tonight with the Nittos.

BTW, has anyone bought mattresses lately, them damn things get pretty expensive. I bought a Kingsdown set and my Dad decided he liked it, so I bought him one too. Mods are gonna have to hold off a while, till I pay off these two.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've been using original Cobra R rims 17 X 9 with 275/40 nitto DR's borrowed off my Cobra. The car looks MUCH better from behind and the side with this width setup. It just looks plain mean from the back-end.

One word of caution with new nittos: they SUCK. They really need some break-in wear(500-1000 miles) before you even get remotely their hooking potential. Don't be too alarmed if you don't set the world on fire the first time out.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As always JB, thanks for the tip.

Well, here they are with the stock wheels on the front.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-07 15:56 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Nasty :smile:

Not sure if the center caps will fit or not, they might. I'll have to look into it. It's hard to tell in the picture, but they are slightly rougher in texture. Not real rough, but rougher than factory.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey 01gtb I also have a trueblue bullit with the Nittos. I see your in FL I will be going to Moroso in WPB the day after Thanksgiving for Friday night test and tune. If your in central FL it should not be to far of a hall. By the way mine does not have the mach 460 what about yours.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might look into going :smile: It's a pretty good drive for me, but it's possible.

By the way, the picture just made it look blue. It's really black :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts