Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really is a moose this time, not an elk with a toilet seat stuck around it's neck. :lol:

I was at my sister's in the country and all of a sudden we saw her Rhodendron bush shake and saw some hair on a back bent over. (Her husband :lol: ) We thought it was a bear at first. It was this cow moose eating the leaves off of her rhody bush. She kept looking over her shoulder and low and behold, her bull calf was just yonder eating the bark off of my sister's cedar tree. Then they sauntered over to the pond and walked around on it for a bit and then the bull calf jumped over the fence in one motion. Had to post up for all to see!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
That is so cool.Haven't seen a moose since i was a kid living in northern Ontario here in Canada.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Aren't they called Meese or something? I'd probably freak if I saw one. Even our deer are tiny around here. Cool pics!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Moose sightings are awsome! Thanks for sharing. I was fortunate to see a large bull moose this december in Yellowstone park. He actually came toward me (kind of concerned me for a minute...) and got with in about 50 feet for this picture before walking off. They are HUGE!!!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to be very cautious when near a moose that's for sure. I have heard of a person taking a picture of a moose through their window and the moose tried to come throught the window! My sister opened up her door to take the pics of the bull moose. I thought she was crazy! :lol:

Dennis! You got to see a girzzly bear in the wild?!!! I have yet to see a bear in the wild besides it's butt scooting down an embankment from the road. I am very "into" grizzly bears' but am deathly afraid of them. I have heard some grewsome grizzly bear stories from my uncle from when he worked as a ranger in Glacier Nat. Park back in the 60's. He is one of the rangers that came upon the body of a girl that was dragged and partially eaten by a grizzly back then. I have always had nightmares about bears probably stemming from that story my uncle had told me.

So I am always looking for bears when we go camping and hopefully can get a picture of one like you Dennis. I hope you were using a zoom lens with the grizzly pic! :eek:

Byron, thanks for sharing your moose pic! That is one big moose there! :O

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GRIZZLY bear pics~ graffic

Speaking of grizzly bears..... My cousin who lives in Montana sent me these pics of a 700 lb grizzly that was killed by a big truck. A large horse weighs 1000 lbs... Look at those paws!

Here are some more pics my cousin sent me from Montana of bears feasting in Eureka, Mt. Lots of times when a train wrecks and they are carrying grain and it spills over, you can see lots of bears feeding for days there.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
I love Moose!!!

I too have had an up TOO close and personal meeting with a Griz....hiking in the Tetons in the early 70's. Fortunately, 'close' was about 500 yards...we were up topside on a morain while the bear was down in the valley just below us. We got into a very fast walk at that point! But lord we were scared coming back down the slope the next day! We had every pot and pan we had dangling on our packs to make as much noise as possible! LOL

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I had my first Moose sighting of my life over Christmas in Idaho about 30 miles south of the Canadian border. For those that don't know just how large they are, the one I saw was a yearling. I am 6 ft tall and its shoulders were taller than I was and his head was another 2 or 3 feet taller than that. He was HUGE and just a baby.

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,999 Posts
griz

TwoStangWmn said:
You have to be very cautious when near a moose that's for sure. I have heard of a person taking a picture of a moose through their window and the moose tried to come throught the window! My sister opened up her door to take the pics of the bull moose. I thought she was crazy! :lol:

Dennis! You got to see a girzzly bear in the wild?!!! I have yet to see a bear in the wild besides it's butt scooting down an embankment from the road. I am very "into" grizzly bears' but am deathly afraid of them. I have heard some grewsome grizzly bear stories from my uncle from when he worked as a ranger in Glacier Nat. Park back in the 60's. He is one of the rangers that came upon the body of a girl that was dragged and partially eaten by a grizzly back then. I have always had nightmares about bears probably stemming from that story my uncle had told me.

So I am always looking for bears when we go camping and hopefully can get a picture of one like you Dennis. I hope you were using a zoom lens with the grizzly pic! :eek:

Byron, thanks for sharing your moose pic! That is one big moose there! :O

Vicki

Nanci and I were driving and saw a bunch of cars parked. They were looking at the grizzly. We had no room to park, so we went around the curve. The bear turned around and came down the hill and walked between my jeep touching the rear bumper. We could not move because of the other cars.
I thought to myself.. I hope he goes for the convert..you know the easy opening top.LOL

Dennis

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
stang4.6 said:
Moose sightings are awsome! Thanks for sharing. I was fortunate to see a large bull moose this december in Yellowstone park. He actually came toward me (kind of concerned me for a minute...) and got with in about 50 feet for this picture before walking off. They are HUGE!!!

That is one huge ars Moose!!
And some other awesome wild life pics.Man the is one heck of a Grizzly!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts