Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roush Stage (I, II, III?) today and got my arse kicked in of course. BUT, I did see a design cue on it that I REALLY liked. There is a side exhaust kit made by Roush Performance. The rocker panels match the Bullitt's exactly with the exception of the little splash guard behind the front tire. I was thinking that this might be a nice understated modification with a nice retro kick. Any opinions?? Also, does anyone know where I might be able to find the kit on the Roush car? I looked at http://www.roushperf.com but no luck. I would only want the side moldings the and the tips if I were to do this. Maybe do this and then get a custom rear valance done to get rid of the vents and get the low profile spoiler like the one on the concept. Just thinking out loud.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-07-08 13:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-07-08 14:31 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
If you got stomped it was most likely a Stage 3. The 1 and 2 are suspension and appearance upgrades. As for the Sidepipes.. I like the duals on the "R" better but the Roush's are good looking as well.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Here's aquestion right up my alley. It could have been a Stage I or II if it was supercharged by the owner or as already mentioned a Stage III which is supercharged by Roush. As for the side kits all of my very good friends at Roush Performance have told me that at least for the time being the 99-up body kits will not be sold direct to a cutomer as a separate item. I have been in close contact with RPG since 1999 and I have only seen one very special case where they mailed a person a kit to install on a car themselves. The "big cheese, J.R." himself wants to retain strict quality control on his name brand products and therefore only allows authorized Roush Performance Centers to sell and install the body kits. If you think you may have the gift of the gab call 1-800-59-ROUSH and ask for Dale or Rebecca or call the Roush Performance guys in NC (ask for Joey) or in CA (ask for Steve). Hope that helps.

·
Registered
509 Posts
One of our local dealers is a Rousch dealer and he got a stage III in seveal days ago. It is advertised in the paper at 360 HP with a supercharger. No price quoted, but I heard it in the $40's.
Any parts you want, you will have to order them thru a Rousch dealer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if Roush only allows Roush certs to sell and install is this limited to only Roush vehicles or can you take any vehicle in and have a Roush styling accent added? You seem to be the one to ask roushraven.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I dunno about Dealers installing kits and RoushRaven could probably answer best but if you want to prepare "Just In Case", Sutton Ford in Matteson off of Rt30 and I-55 sells the Roush Mustangs.
They're the only "local" Roush dealers near us that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the only other molded side exhaust out there that I have found is Classic Design Concepts. I can't tell very well from the picture but it looks like it bubbles out a little more than I would like. Maybe I will just leave it alone. Depends if I can find something I really like better than those rolled tips.
Thanx for the info though Blakwing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-07-09 03:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
Depending on whether or not they have the time at the service centers they will indeed take you V6, GT or Cobra and modify it with the Stage I or Stage II kit. The Stage III unique parts ie, supercharger, fuel system upgrade, and computer are done in Livonia and I'm fairly certain the only way you get that is buying a Stage III. Here are some numbers to call: RP SAnta Anna, CA (714) 825-8837 ask for Steve Cherick. RP Mooresville, NC (704) 287-6832 ask for Joey Walls or (800)59 ROUSH as for Dale Aldo.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys-

Al Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park, Illinois is also a Roush dealer. They're located on 25th ave.(Rose Street)and North Avenue. You might want to enquire with them. That's where I got my Bullitt.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm, I think I may have just found a better mod for the exhaust. I just finished "Gone in 60 Seconds" The new one with Cage in it. Anyway, what about doing a set of flame throwers like some of the old custom rods have. I have only seen the old carbeurated rods with this though, and I question whether it would work on fuel injection or not. The other big worry I would have is quite simple. The old rods have metal bumpers while ours are made of plastic. Hope it doesn't melt!! LOL Would be cool to get a nice 2 to 3 inch flame comin out though. Pretty lights for the competition to look at while you pull away!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts