Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting a Densecharger put in at this mod shop that I go to all the time. A kid drives up in his slammed Mustang GT, his backseat turned into a giant boom box. He walks around my Bullitt and said he couldn't justify spending all that extra money on a GT with no spoiler. :roll: So...

I grabbed him by the ear and showed him step by step how different our cars were, and I don't need to tell you how quickly he began to cry. When I was done, the guy who does all my mods told him that if he wanted to turn his GT into a Bullitt, it would cost him about $6500 easy, even if he wanted to keep the worthless and tacky tail.

Again, needless to say, I drove away with the biggest sh*t eating grin on my face, more confident that I made the right decision in owning this car. When someone like this moron kid comes up and says he doesn't see what so great about the Bullitt, then I know I did good. :razz:

·
Registered
229 Posts
You were having someone install your densecharger? God I hope you didn't pay for that. As I understand it they're about as basic as you can get for installation.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-20 19:48, Gibscreen wrote:
You were having someone install your densecharger? God I hope you didn't pay for that. As I understand it they're about as basic as you can get for installation.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Since you took time out of your busy schedule to post such a condescending query, I'll take time to answer it...

No. :roll:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm sorry you felt it was condescending. That wasn't my intent. I was just surprised considering I'm about the least likely guy to work on my car, and even I would install my densecharger. But hey, you have a sucker who will work on your car for free? I'm envious.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are not suckers for one. Two, they are friends of mine who own a mod shop. They order parts for me slightly over their cost and install them usually cheap or free. In this case it was free.

I see you just joined, so here's some advice...You really must work on your tone here at Bullittclub. Just using the word sucker is offensive. I've been here for 2 months and have never felt offended by a single individual whether they agree with my post or not. In fact, a reply of yours on another of my posts, had an air of offensive questioning to it as well. The fine men and women here go out of their way not to slam, bash or offend others. I ask that you abide by these same laws we've been using here. I ask that you to choose your words with more tact. Thank you.

RED, WHITE and TrueBullittBLUE #2345:
Custom Chip, Densecharger, X-Bassani Pipes, 18" Rear w/ Nitto555's 275/40/ZR18, Alum Driveshaft, All Alum Interior Components, Tinted Windows & Taillights, Headlights w/out Yellow Reflector, Red-lit Dash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-09-21 14:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
How's that densechrger working for you? I was thinking of asking for one for my birthday. It would be my first and probably few mods I make. Do you recommend it? Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
First, my last post was an apology, and I'm not sure how calling someone a sucker who does something for free when they could easily charge you for it is offensive to you. If anything, it's offensive to the person who installed it for you.

Be that as it may, it was offered in jest. And I also said I was envious that you had someone working on your car for free.

As far as the other post which you claim was offensive, I assume that you're referring to the Euro Dash one. That was also messing with you, hence the smiley face.

I understand you're trying to give me advice, and I appreciate it, but please allow me to do the same: two people reading the same post will almost always have a different impression of what was written. You say "sucker" was offensive, others would say it was not. That being said, when I read posts, first I take them with a grain of salt, and second, I consider the overall tone of the message, and not just one word.

With all that, again allow me to apologize if I have offended you, anyone else on this forum, any of your relatives, friends, pets, ex-girlfriends, your car, your confidants or even your enemies. It was not my intent if I did so, and I sincerely hope you accept my apology. :smile:

Happy trails, TrueBlu.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
hey true blue,
you have more patience and tact then I do...
must be the Texas/ ex-new yorker in me... but I agree with you....there is no need for that sort of thing here. to disagree is one thing to be rude or a smart arse is another..
maybe he is just young and will see that we have a ''different'' website and adjust accordingly

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
and just my opinion but....
sucka= funny , not to be taken offensively, sucker=implying someone is stupid/foolish etc
and easily taken offensively
and I agree just 'a word' is one thing but I also think the 'word' can set the tone
oh well
peace to all....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting the point yet Gibscreen? Look at the posts just before this. Looks like 2 other brothers here didn't really see sucker as a joke either. That is what I am talking about. This is a forum, the likes of which you have never seen. It's as close to human decency as I have ever seen on internet forums and message boards. We respect each other here and hope you can do the same.
If you don't anything nice to say, then either don't say it or try to find a tactful, non-abrasive way of putting it.

That's all. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts