Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a light beside this middle aged guy and apparently his fine looking daughter. It was summer and both our windows were down. He was driving one of those new fangled Dodge Ram sport trucks with the V10 engine and all the smooth sport trim and wide tires. For one thing I say if you want a car buy a car and if you want a truck don't cover the bed, but that's a different story.
I could hear the 18 or so year old chick say "look daddy, there's one of those Mustang Bullits". Of course the old man was agitated at the attention I got from his girl. He said "I'll show his punk a$$ a thing or 2".
He revved his v10 which I must say sounded mean. But I could tell he was running a slush box by the way he was inching up. I just looked over at him once and then back up to the light. I thought to myself "ok grandpa, if you want to play you're gonna have to pay".
When I saw green I didn't even give him a handicap for age. I drove like I was madder than a wet hornet. I almost feel bad about abusing my baby but I thought oh well, she can take it. I could hear his tires spinning as I was doing all I could to hold on for the ride. I may have barked the tires slightly in first but didn't loose traction. Once he caught traction he was only half a car behind me and I must say I was impressed by the overpowered truck. But when I would up first and hit second the beautiful sound of screaming rubber and exhaust filled the car as it jumped 2 full car lengths into the lead. By the time I was ready to go to third I looked back in the mirror to see the man yelling and cursing way behind me. I cruised on up to the next light about a mile from where we started all the while trying to stay in the double digit MPH's. From then on the guy in the truck stayed way back evidently embarrassed to get beside me again.
I know this wasn't a Camaro or Vette but some people think cubic inches equal speed. And sometimes they just have to be put in their place.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Fabulous story! A+!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
If he'd have hooked up, he'd have had you for the 1st 60 feet or so. His cubes and torque output plus better gear ratio would have insured that. But, beyond that it would be all Bullitt. Good IYF though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a kid pull up to me at a light once said the car looked nice. Wanted to go at it. When the light turned green, we took off. I was about a car length ahead of him. He has a beat up rice burner with NOS. That was THE ONLY reason he was able to have way keep up with me. Still it was funny. The dude came from out of nowhere to take me at the light. Anyways that has so far been the only race at a light I have experienced. It was a good time!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I like to do my racing at the track but i have dune a few stop lights. one was a guy in a honda civic hatch back that had to of had NOS cuz he hung with me through 1,2 when i hit three it was over and i pulled from him. i let of and he went flying by pointing at me. Pulled up next to him at the next light and he ran his mouth about how he beat me, i said what ever lets take it to the track. Well I saw him at the drag strip about 3 weeks later and we ran. Hate it for that guy cuz he was talking a lot of smack and I took his doors off. Kid went to the bleach box, smoked his tires for a good 10 sec then pulled up( street radials) LOL needles to say he had no traction and i crushed him. Guys girlfriend was laughing at him. I did the nobel thing and said good race, next time dont go in the box if your running on radials.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
LOL! Smoking on streets... :smile: Probably just to show off. Oh well, as the famous quote goes, "He who exalts himself will be humbled, he who is humble will be exalted." :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
kermero? wtf

and to the ram beater, your medal is in the mail

·
Registered
878 Posts
My brother in law has a '96 Ram Indy Pace Edition-On our way home from a car show we were able to get together at a stoplight-The Mustang got it's first notch in the handle that night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts