Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original owners of the 300 never responded to my complaints about their misrepresentation of my 1969 Chrysler 300 with 22,800 miles. I decided to move on with my life and forget about the fact that the 85 year old man sold me a car with no brakes. Last week I replaced every part of the brake system. I mean everything. I put new tires on the car that replaced the original 32 year old Goodyears which I did not trust. Then I steam cleaned the engine, replaced and the belts and hoses and filters. I repainted the valve covers and the breather with the correct paint and had the front bumper realigned by my favorite body man Steve Tanski (who I have mentioned before on this forum. He is a true old world craftsman). As some of you know I ran into a wall of tires because the first time I drove the 300 the brakes failed. There was absolutely no sheet metal damage. The front bumper on the right side got pushed back about an inch but the other side moved out about an inch so all it needed was an alignment job. The car drives perfectly and is a blast to drive. I've now got way to much money in it and I thought I would put it on e-bay and see what I could get for it.
I know I am going to lose money. I am curious as to how much.

The car is now a great car! If I sell it I will chalk it up to a very good learning experience of buying a car on the internet sight un seen. The irony is that who ever buys the car from me will get a great car for much less than I have in it. I refuse to sell anything unsafe. This is now a fine 300 which ultimately I may keep. If you want to see what the car looks like go to http://www.ebay.com and click on ebay motors, then click on collector cars and find Chrysler 300 on the list. Click on 300's and it will be part of the list. This car does not even leak a drop of oil on the garage, that is how tight it still is....now.

PS. My garage is now quite full and you know there is no way Bullit #60 will ever give up it's space. The Chrysler takes almost twice the space of the Bullitt. In the words of the B-52's "hop in my Chrysler it's as big as a whale and let's head on down to the Love shack"

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-08-12 07:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-08-12 07:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's been interesting to read about the saga of your 300. Sorry for all your troubles! I went and looked at it last night on ebay. If I was in the market for one, I'd defintely bid. Not knowing much about the value of old cars, I'm still surprised it's not up higher than it is.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts