Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told you all before ...well at least all those who read my post awhile back about selling my BULLITT. I said I have to sell my BULLITT before I get in trouble because I am having way too much fun shifting gears and hearing that exhaust sound .
Well today I got in trouble so the BULLITT will go up for sale . It seems I got onto the freeway after work a little too quickly and changed lanes about as quickly. The officer was nice and only wrote me up for 10 over so it will cost me $113 dollars.
I tell ya I been having way too much fun and now it caught up to me . So the BULLITT goes up for sale . $17,500 One owner non-smoker dealer maintained 40k miles and just serviced.
PLUS the balance of my transferable 10year 100k factory warranty. Which by all calculations is good til August 30 2011 and 60k more miles to go whichever comes first .
Official posting will be in Steve's Used Cars forum a little later but for sure by end of the weekend .
TNT
Pete:smile:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,277 Posts
Pete, you're joking right? All for a $113 ticket? What happens when you get the 68 Replica going and get a ticket in that? You gonna sell it too? Just take it easy when you're out there man, and look around before you push the pedal.... Sorry to hear she's up for sale.

:doubt:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
You are the problem not the Bullitt, it will be the same with any car. :smile:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
DONT SELL IT

I have to agree with everyone else here ... I wouldn't sell such a nice ride over a $113 ticket.

MAJOR BUMMNER 4-SURE ~ !!! :frown: :frown: :frown:

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
What the hell?? I swore up and down that I wouldn't get a ticket in 6 months.. well, I got one last week... 76 in a 55...the state trooper wrote it for 64mph...so just $80.00.

Keep the Bullitt, I would- because I plan on getting another??

Oh- it was just one point... going to court and that will be dropped for a Probation before Judgment (P&J) (3 months no tickets) = NO POINTS!!!!

KEEP THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
2008Bullitt0867

·
Registered
141 Posts
Zarcero said:
Radar detectors is my recommendation :wink:
From what I hear, unless you're lucky and a signal "bounces" off another car (which I don't believe happens), radar detector only lets you know when you've been caught. Unless you're trying to run, and then you'll wind up on truTV or COPS, and we all know what happens on those shows.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to admit the timing of it all was off . I mean it was like this I am behind like 5 other cars getting onto the freeway at what seems like a snails pace I look ahead of them and around them to my left and a about 89 degrees to the rear and all is clear. So I get on it and go around them all and checking my mirrors ...well there he was in his WSP silver Crown Vic a good quarter mile behind me . I looked again and before I knew it he was so close I could not even read his license plate. Needless to say the lights came on and I safely merged back to the right and onto the shoulder.
I stopped and he pulls in behind me and comes to the window on my passenger side . I am trying to stop shaking and get over that sick feeling one gets while having such an experience while I get my registration out of the glove box
He says May I see your license ? and I get it out and I give it to him. He says ... where you going in such a hurry ? I say I was getting on the freeway He says at 80 miles an hour ? He then asks where am I living because the registration address is different than what's on my license . I tell him the correct one and he says... OK I'll be back with a ticket.
He then comes back and tells me that he wrote me for doing 70 in a 60 and that it will only cost me 113 dollars and then to be careful merging back onto the freeway.
I had a fleeting thought to fight the ticket because he checked the box where it says he "paced" me . I am trying to figure out how he could do that in such a short distance . I mean I no sooner was on the freeway and back down to regulatory speed than he was there behind me .
I think he did 80 to catch up with me cuz if he actually "paced" me then we both would have to be doing 80 and that's not the case . Oh well such is life in a BULLITT :lol:
Now as far as selling the BULLITT well I am still trying to justify keeping it with the way gas prices are . I still get 20 plus mpg but the temptation is there to shift gears if ya know what I mean . I wonder if I should be going to BULLITT-AHOLICS Anonymous :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
keep the car...you would have passed all those cars even in a yugo

·
Registered
543 Posts
Don't sell the car over a stupid ticket.

Take some Ritalin before you drive...and stop using all caps to spell out "Bullitt". I feel like you're yelling at me every time you say it.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
It almost sounds like you're looking for an excuse to sell it. If that's the case, sell it. But as people have said, it's not necessarily the car. I haven't gotten one ticket in the Bullitt, but I did in my 4 cylinder Ranger.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whoa Whoa hold on there horsey I am sorry if it feels like i am yelling at someone by putting bullitt in CAPS . Take Ritalin before I drive ? Hmmmm Don't sell the Bullitt over a ticket ? Looking for an excuse to sell it ? Hmmm Actually I been thinking about selling it even before the ticket . The ticket just put it over the edge . Heck I don't have to sell it and I really don't want to sell it. So I priced it the way I would be comfortable selling it so I can eventually get back into an '01 bullitt and build it the way I want to build one.
I want to customize an '01 with the louvered C pillars along with an '03 hood and the '05 facial and decklid kit (if that's still around to be had) Then add the blacked out wheels and rocker moldings and have a supercharged motor with a Hurst equiped trans and full race suspension package . I want it rock and roll and ready to rumble if ya know what I mean and still be a Bullitt I just don't want to do that to my Bullitt...if I can help it

·
Registered
543 Posts
So you want to sell it to fund your '01 Bullitt clone hybrid thing without "messing up" a real Bullitt? Go for it then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts