Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so right now my car makes 255HP and 288Trq. I want to boost the car over the summer and what i want to know is what kit i should get or what i need to do to the car to have 400HP and over 400trq? That 400 number is my goal really. I'm changing my whole exhaust next month to BBK LT's, MAc offroad prochamber and a brand new magnaflow catback system. I have pretty much all the basic stuff and then some on my car already as many of you know. I also have the /msd coilpack kit on there which is supposed to add like 10-15hp on a boosted stang. So what kit within reason will put me @ 400? I would like to have a kit with some sort of intercooler since i live in steamy TX and drive the hell outta my bullitt. So if you guys recommend something like a mongoose kit then also tell me where i can get an air to air to match up with it. I dnt wanna spend a bucket of money so no kenne bell or turbos and i still have stock internal and don't want to break them any time too soon. If a blower cam is essential to make these numbers which one and is that reasonable for a daily driven stang? Please help me reach my goal! I dnt want 380 or 375 I really want that 400 or over number lol. Thanks much guys!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW my mod list is:
MGW short throw
Spec stage 2 clutch
Spec Billet steel flywheel
31 spline axles
Eaton Posi TRac Diff.
4.10 gears
Custom Dyno tune
MM lower control arms
MM CC plates
Steeda Springs
Airbag Kit
MM Full Length subframes
MRT CAI
Steeda UDP's
MSD Coil Packs Kit
Tockiko Shocks and Struts(Adjustables)
Powerslot Rotors w/ Hawk Brake Pads
MAc offroad Prochamber
Magnaflow Mufflers
X2 Balljoint kit
Bumpsteer kit
MT Drag Radials(275/and 28" i think?) on Prostars

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Sounds like you have most of the supporting mods for a Vortch kit already tackled.

I love my vortech, but as soon as my engine is built its going bye bye for a KB.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you're talking 400 at the rear wheels, you'll have your work cut out for you.
I don't think you'll get there with stock heads and displacement.

Maybe DOHC and 5.0 cammer shortblock.

rd

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
RD Jones said:
If you're talking 400 at the rear wheels, you'll have your work cut out for you.
I don't think you'll get there with stock heads and displacement.

Maybe DOHC and 5.0 cammer shortblock.

rd

y is this not possible?? ive seen procharger cars p1sc, mid pipe, catback on 8lbs make 38x with a good tune nothing too aggressive and pump gas. if you want any easy shot at 400...TURBO

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have done it with a Vortech V2SQ( same as MPH Mongoose kit) on stock motor and stock cams. On a side note you have to be willing to gamble some what. I pullied down and made 14lbs of boost on the stock motor for over a year and never blew or hurt anything. That being said, I very well could have tossed a rod or blew a head gasket at anytime. I would suggest getting a mongoose kit from MPH and a set of Tims custom blower cams, this should put you at yer mark. $hit, you might be close with the long tubes you already have. I never had them when I made my numbers and still dont have them.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I am at 374HP with a Paxton Novi 2000 @ 12 pounds non-intercooled.

Next Month I am adding a custom built A/A Cooler and Cobra tank/pumps and I expect to get 400+ on stock engine with a safe 93 tune.

If it blows, then it blows......then I get a built engine and go for 500+!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
240_Bullitt said:
y is this not possible?? ive seen procharger cars p1sc, mid pipe, catback on 8lbs make 38x with a good tune nothing too aggressive and pump gas. if you want any easy shot at 400...TURBO
It's certainly "possible".

I'm just responding to what he posted:
1. Daily driver
2. reliability with stock internals.
3. not cost a 'bucket-o-money'

I'm not familiar with the various kits and associated power levels.
I am familiar with what it takes to make big power. It's most often
cubes, high boost, and/or borderline reliability.

It's like this ... Powerful, reliable, cheap. Pick two.

The numbers posted so far have been 370~380 which he specifically
said he doesn't want.

At the very least I'd expect the need for a lower CR to handle a
higher boost. Cubes never hurt either. Both of these require going
into the bottom end, and bucks. High flow heads or ported stock heads
is another hurdle.

I'd really like to see it done though, and know how how long it lasts.

rd

ps- we oldtimers call this "bench-racing" and it's still fun.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I'm at 417rwhp with other wise stock engine, but a bunch of other mods. I'm right on the edge and I wont be going too much farther than this without building...that said, it wasnt as easy as just slapping a blower on there, took alot of other smaller stuff to make it happen

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
TheCat033 said:
I'm at 417rwhp with other wise stock engine, but a bunch of other mods. I'm right on the edge and I wont be going too much farther than this without building...that said, it wasnt as easy as just slapping a blower on there, took alot of other smaller stuff to make it happen

Same here. I'm at 410rwhp and 420rwtq.

My mods are:

Vortech V-2 SQ-trim
4" intake pipe
-running a total of 8#

42#hr injectors
focus fuel pump(needs to be a dual in tank pump)
and a tune

and ummm thats all the performance stuff I have. I'm not even running exaust yet.

it was my daily driver and i put up to 30,000 miles on this set up. never had any problems at all.

Although like thecat said, I'm not going to go too much further until i can get a built motor and 2.8L Kenny Bell :)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
TheCat033 said:
Sounds like you have most of the supporting mods for a Vortch kit already tackled.

I love my vortech, but as soon as my engine is built its going bye bye for a KB.
DIBS :smile:

·
Registered
423 Posts
ive read alot about how much the stock engine can handle. alot of people said that 450 is it with stock stuff. but people's engines have blown up at 400 before so it just depends on driver and other mods. procharger might be good for you bc it has the intercooler u r looking for. good luck with the mods and dont blow up the engine. thats expensive.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
UDBullitt said:
ive read alot about how much the stock engine can handle. alot of people said that 450 is it with stock stuff. but people's engines have blown up at 400 before so it just depends on driver and other mods. procharger might be good for you bc it has the intercooler u r looking for. good luck with the mods and dont blow up the engine. thats expensive.
Yeah and you never know. I've heard of those who have blown their motors with bolt ons and those who have overdone the motor and blown it. But it allways comes back to a good conservative tune. With 410 rwhp and 420 rwtq i believe that translates to roughly - 490FWHP and 500FWTQ (roughly). and doubleJ is running 550 at his rear wheels with the stock internals. so if you'r going to Supercharge/turbo/N02 your car, make sure your tune is perfect.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I was making 385 at the wheels with just the Vortec V2-SQ, power pipe, 9-10 psi pulley that came with the blower, x-pipe and cat back. Had I installed the paxton air/air intercooler that I have now with no other mods, that would have easily made 400 at the wheels. That was with stock displacement, heads, cam, exhaust manifolds, throttle body.

Do the Vortec Bullitt kit and a cooler (vortec's or paxton's) and you'll make 400rwhp. I like the paxton air/air cooler as it is a simpler setup with similar results, an it doesn't require battery relocation.

And it was my daily driver for awhile with 385 rwhp, the cooler and 400+ probably would have made it a better daily driver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts