Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 07 Mustang GT with all the Bells and whistles on it that got allot of attention. I thought that after buying my plain Black Bullitt that the attention was going to quit. That is where I am WRONG!
In the last 3 car shows that my Black Bullitt was in, I had gotten a trophy. I got a 1st place trophy in an all Ford show, and a 2nd and 3rd in an all manufacture show.
I think the difference is that the 07 got allot of attention on the road from people who really don't understand Mustangs or Muscle cars in general. But at car shows where people have a fair amount of understanding in cars, they know what they are looking at.
I won one trophy for my 07 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Same here on that feeling. MY 07 was modded to the max, for me anyway. And always snapped heads. Especially FHP's. Now with the BULLITT it's the real people who look and ogle it. Muscle Car fanatic's like us. And my local FHP guy's haven't yet spotted it. (All is good!!)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes, it does seem to draw attention with all it's subtleness! I have a non-car show story: The other day I was at a 7-11 and a woman with her two kids were walking out. The older one (around 11 years old) ran over to the car and immediately gave it a good looking over. The funny part was when he insisted his mother come look at it and he dragged her over there by the hand! Good to see there will be gearheads in the future! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
Yes, it does seem to draw attention with all it's subtleness! I have a non-car show story: The other day I was at a 7-11 and a woman with her two kids were walking out. The older one (around 11 years old) ran over to the car and immediately gave it a good looking over. The funny part was when he insisted his mother come look at it and he dragged her over there by the hand! Good to see there will be gearheads in the future! :lol:
I guess we started out little too!!!!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BlackPony said:
I guess we started out little too!!!!
Yep! When I see Fathers and or Mothers with little ones at car shows looking at old or cool cars and listen to them explaining what they are looking at it makes me feel really good that they are being exposed to our passion.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VERY true.
Then they tell them not to touch. That makes me feel, that it is a privilege that I can touch and detail my Bullitt when ever I want too!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
Dale,

Very Cool story ...........

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
"I was Wrr-rr-r..... I was Wrr-RR-rr-r...... I WAS....... Not as correct as I originally accounted-for.......

:lol:

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,874 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
Brings back an old memory of a 9-year-old skinny runt (me), sitting down in a turquoise '55 T-Bird on the Ford used car lot. Salesman walks up with a big cigar hanging out of his mouth, smiles down at me and says, "Wanna buy that, son?" I just shook my head and smiled back. "Well, just give me $1,500 and you can drive it away... I'll take that Schwinn in trade." (can you imagine). :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Reminds me a short time ago while getting fueled up at the gas station near the ANaheim angels stadium, two young ladies walked by and paused. one commented to the the other: what a nice looking car.I know they did not see me. And the station was filled with other more $$ imports.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
marichardson said:
Reminds me a short time ago while getting fueled up at the gas station near the ANaheim angels stadium, two young ladies walked by and paused. one commented to the the other: what a nice looking car.I know they did not see me. And the station was filled with other more $$ imports.
I had my Black Bullitt entered into the Car Craft Nationals in Minnesota this summer ,on a Hot Saturday afternoon enjoying a cold beer. When a Beautiful slim brunette came by my Black Bullitt. She moved slowly around the car ,first under the hood ,then around to the back. Of course I am watching her and close enough to here her talk to her husband. She doesn't know that I am the owner. She then leans into the car and say's "this car is delicious"
That is hard on a 55 year old man's heart:wub:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.