Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once and a while when I am going down the road and go to shift the rpms stay and sometimes rise up. For example if I push the clutch in while im in thirrd at 3,000 rpms the rpms stay where they are and sometimes rise up(my foot is off the gas). Its not the normal rise up. I know usually they go up a hundred rpms or so but this will go up a few hundred and will stay there for a few seconds. After that it doesnt come all the way back to 700 rpms like usual, instead it drops down to about 1100 and idles there. Is the IAC sticking?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yep... mine did the same thing. You can clean it out with some carb cleaner and that may fix it for a bit. But it will still crap out on you in the near future. I paid $80 at a parts store for a new one.

·
Registered
638 Posts
20bullitt01 said:
It's not idlin rough it just feels like the throttle is sticking..anyone have a link on how to clean it?
But the plunger inside your IAC is getting stuck and freezing your rpms.

Its just two bolts, elec connector, and the air sampling tube. Its right behind your throttle body.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
check the bullitt archives for removing and cleaning the IAC, it is in the someplace.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have the part number for it? You think advance or autozone will have it or will it have to be ordered? I can put this in right i dont have to set it or anything just take the old one out and put in the new one? sorry all the questions but thanks for your help!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would remove the old one and clean it. If that works you know what the problem is. Just spray the inside with brake clean and let it dry. Clean it well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i cleaned it tonight and drove it and it seemed fine but it only sticks sometimes so tomorrow on the way to work ill know if that did anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts