Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm crusing along, come up on a stop light and stop right behind another mustang. Wow, it's a fellow Bullitthead! Not exactly, I think it was GT, not sure though, had Bullitt emblem in correct place on rear deck lid, GT side scoops, small ground effect, token hood scoop,rear spoiler and 35th anniversiry badges on front fenders. Can you guess what year and model this stang is?
I was really dissapointed after finding out that this was not a fellow Bullitthead. I know to each his own, but why would you put one item from every late model mustang on your car? If anything I guess he miffed me because he got my hopes up. I thought I was going to pull over and have a great chat with one us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OKCBULLITT on 2001-10-22 18:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I am gonna be up there this weekend. I would be more than happy to grab a beer at Coach's down in bricktown, if your into that sort of thing..

·
Registered
822 Posts
Don't feel too bad..when I was cruzing down in Denver that happened several times to me. I thought, hey great another Bullitt..(not all of them had the deck lid logo though), but to my disappointment it was just another GT with lots of the bullitt add-ons. Well, I guess that is why they hid the second ID #. That way in 10-15 years..those of us that have the real ones can really be set apart.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> Well, I guess that is why they hid the second ID #. That way in 10-15 years..those of us that have the real ones can really be set apart.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

EXACTLYB1853, exactly! :smile:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
llama-boy,

A big cold one sounds good, let me know what time you want to meet at Coaches and I'll be there. Any other Bullittheads in the area at this time stop on by and I'll buy.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I saw a V-6 with GT hood tapes from last year's special edition, so it's not just us.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We did a car show this weekend with the Bullitt and the Cobra. Three separate groups of people walked by the Bullitt and one person in each of these groups informed the others that our Bullitt was a fake because it was black. I advised them otherwise, but whether they believed me or not, I haven't a clue!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
that's got to be frustrating when a supposed "expert" tells others that your Bullitt is a fake. i'm guessing a hearty laugh in their faces is the best defense!

·
Registered
70 Posts
No matter what anyone thinks, the Bullitt's the most beautiful car! I'm glad we bought it. (We actually went into the dealership with the intentions of buying an Expedition...What can I say!)
I'm always being asked if the Cobra's a fake snake to which I reply, "I don't do fakes!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts