Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the Batmobile (that's what I call my Bullitt:smile: ) wants to idle up around 1000 rpms alot. If I hit the accelerator it will come back down to about 750 where it's supposed to be. I made the IAC restrictor hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. It does fix the hanging rpms though and that is nice. This benefit is especially noticable at start up. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
ribo68 said:
I've noticed that the Batmobile (that's what I call my Bullitt:smile: ) wants to idle up around 1000 rpms alot. If I hit the accelerator it will come back down to about 750 where it's supposed to be. I made the IAC restrictor hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. It does fix the hanging rpms though and that is nice. This benefit is especially noticable at start up. Any thoughts?
Kind of sounds like the IAC is sticking.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Yes, the IAC restrictor only works if the IAC, itself, is working properly. Two recommendations:

1) Replace the IAC

or

2) remove the IAC, clean it with some carb cleaner or contact cleaner, let it thoroughly dry then re-install it. Lift the Neg terminal of the battery before this process and then see if it solves the prob...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx. Will try. I didn't see that it looked nasty or anything when I had it off though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts