Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the second time now... #915 idles really rough , knocking you wouldnt believe, and almost stalls in neutral... need to have the cluth in.. brought it in to the dealer and said spark plugs 1 and 3 were bad - it was misfiring... so they replaced it and it was fine for about 1 and a half weeks! its doing it again! so i need to bring it back again! .****! its not fair...

any suggestions??

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw, makes a knocking sound too...
#915 True Blue
<marquee scrolldelay="25" scrollamount="5">MODS: 3.73 gears,Steeda Pullies/Tri-Ax,Al D/S,BassaniX-Pipe, DiabloChip,MAC CAI,30mmSpacers, Customized Interior, FlamingGrillPony, Sequential Tails, Tint, Cleartastic</marquee>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaLiAcH on 2002-04-08 20:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry mid-life..

DPFE? VRFE?? i have a feeling these stand for something i know, but cant figure them out..

a little help?

thanx!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
if spark plugs #1 & #3 were bad there has to be a reason.....ask them what that reason is? there's no excuse to lose plugs this early in an engine's life!!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill definately tell them to check that out... the service man called me today and said the electrode of plug #2 was crushed... as if something physically smashed it inside the cylinder....

an object in my cylinder??? wtf?? how the hell does that happen?? the service man couldnt answer...

he said it was hard to explain and to come by. so im goin early tomorrow morning to check out the damaged plug and check out the wiring...

sigh...

i really miss #915... i sure hope its just the shorting of the wire like you guys say... that 3 plugs already.. cyl. 1, 2, and 3...

·
Registered
337 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-22 02:18, PaLiAcH wrote:
ill definately tell them to check that out... the service man called me today and said the electrode of plug #2 was crushed... as if something physically smashed it inside the cylinder....

an object in my cylinder??? wtf?? how the hell does that happen?? the service man couldnt answer...

he said it was hard to explain and to come by. so im goin early tomorrow morning to check out the damaged plug and check out the wiring...

sigh...

i really miss #915... i sure hope its just the shorting of the wire like you guys say... that 3 plugs already.. cyl. 1, 2, and 3...

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Detonation can crush an electrode and/or break the insulator, as can a piece of carbon. See http://www.centuryperformance.com/spark2.htm .

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they're gonna tear off the heads today and chek it out...

i saw the spark plug.. it looks just like the "mechanical damaged" plug in the above mentioned webpage...

theyre gonna call me when its torn open to check it out. if its not warrantied, for some STUPID AFTERMARKET reason, then i need to pay them 952.04 PLUS my rental car fees... Lord please let it be a screwed up piston or something from ford.. i would really appreciate a new engine...

#915 True Blue
<marquee scrolldelay="25" scrollamount="5">MODS: 3.73 gears,Steeda Pullies/Tri-Ax,Al D/S,BassaniX-Pipe, DiabloChip,MAC CAI,30mmSpacers, Customized Interior, FlamingGrillPony, Sequential Tails, Tint, Cleartastic</marquee>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaLiAcH on 2002-04-08 20:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after a bunch of bullshit from New Century Ford on san gabriel, i said, no thank you , and reclined all services to #915. i took it to Long Beach Pacific Ford (where i bought 915 from) and they are fixin it with no questions asked! this is the 2nd time im goin to Long Beach Pacific Ford for service, and they are GREAT!!! no questions asked or nuthin.

as for 915, a cylinder is bad and needs replacing... when they replace it, they are gonna see what else is wrong while its open... worst case scenario, a new engine...

again.. i truly miss 915...

p.s. NEW CENTURY FORD BLOWS! and they owe me $140 (2 diagnostic fees which werent under warranty according to them B.S. PLUS my rental fees...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts