Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Food for thought:

From the factory the Bullitt will ouhandle, outbrake, and outdrag a stock GT.

A lot of people out there like to say the Bullitt is just a regular GT with a couple of mods.

If that's the case isn't a GT just a Base car with a couple of mods?

How many GT owners want their cars arseociated with Base Mustangs? ummm...none

The question everyone who doesn't own a Bullitt asks is "how people can justify spending ~$3000 on a slightly modded GT." I ask, "how can GT owners justify spending the difference between the Base Mustang and GT."

It's the same thing!

If a Bullitt is just a GT then a GT is just a base Mustang!

It's all in the perspective.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Too many people are getting too hung up on the little s--t! It is an option on the GT,for a short time,so eryone enjoy it while you can! Let's see,I don't remember all this bashing when the Z/28 option,first came out on the Plain Camaros,or the TA option on the 69 1/2 Firebirds, or BOSS 302s!

·
Registered
311 Posts
HEY MAN WHATS UP I own a 2001 gt and I love the bullit just couldn't afford it anyway these people are just jealous.When I bought my GT a couple of months ago there was a Bullit there I did not think it was better then my GT probably because I could not afford it.If I had a bullit and I was standing next to a buddy on the street that had a regular GT I would probably be saying my car has this and that and your is just a GT.So go out there and enjoy that bullit and drive it like Steve Mcqueen. Later

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not trying to bash any Mustang!

I owned a 96 GT prior to the Bullitt and I loved that car. (I do have to admit I don't really consider the base Mustang to be on the same level as Gt, Cobra, or Bullitt.)

I just wanted to point out how the logic is kind of skewed for those who are saying the Bullitt is just a GT. BTW- I went to the dealer to buy a GT and the Bullitt was there so I bought it instead. It has a lot of the things I would have done to the Gt already done and a factory warranty!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I bought a 2001 GT in February and then found out about the Bullitt. I was ticked off. Anyway, when I took my GT in for an oil change the dealer had a Bullitt on the lot and the rest is history. The Bullitt is very different in many ways from a GT as the GT is very different from a standard Mustang. The Bullitt is a one of a kind that will forever be remembered. Let's not forget that. It is a limited addition and a piece of history and that is why most of us bought them. Not for the power or handling but because we remember what American muscle was all about.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
It's like a post I made on BON several months ago. Not everybody is buying the Bullitt for the same reasons. I was only casually looking around for a new Mustang (mostly interested in a Cobra then) when I heard about the Bullitt going into limited production. Well, it plucked at more than one heart string and I just had to have one. But it wasn't just because it was a limited edition, numbered car, it was because it beaconed me to my youth and the glory days of the true era of Muscle Cars. It is just a GT with some mods and eye candy. But it is still so much more.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had an '83 GT convertible until '93. I was thinking about buying a new premium GT convertible until I read about the Bullitt.

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i've had several mustangs...couple 65s one 66,one 83 gt 5 spd,88 gt 5 spd,89 gt conv auto,94 gt 5spd.. I work for a ford dlr and when I saw the flyer (still have it) I knew it was time... wanted yellow gt hardtop but this was special enough to commit to. I did buy it for handling, performance, warranty, etc. the fact i can sell it now for what i paid is just icing...not that i'd sell.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts