Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to those who have replaced their factory wheels.
If you were buying new wheels again, what would you get?
I am in the market now and would like some input from those with experience. Taking into account things like ease of cleaning, cost of tires to fit them, appearance, weight, cost of the wheels, fit, etc.
What would you select and why?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would go with 17" rims. The cost of tires for 17" vs 18" is about half. Other then that, I would still go with Deep Dish Bullitt's 17x9, 17x10.5

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Love my 17 x 9 Wheel Replicas, front and back. I have had them for a couple of years now, and really like the way they look. I went with Kumho SPT 255/45 17's for the tires.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I have American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels (Anthracite). I got the 17X8s with 245/45/17s in front and the 17X9s with 275/40/17s in the rear. I like them a lot. The chrome Bullitts sure look good though! :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
I would so put 17x9/10.5 on mine if I had the money. But I cant the wife like's the 20's...:(

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I would go with what i got.Check pic.
Just larger tires on the back tho!
18x9 and 18x10.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have the Wheel Replica 17x9 Bullitt rims now but my second choice would be the FR5 rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
Wouldn't change a thing 18x9 and 18x10 anthracite bullitt wheels.
+1

=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
181 Posts
What I really want - I can't afford. So for now I've settled on Deep Dish Bullitt replicas for the rear. Hopefully I can scrap up enough to get my new wheels soon.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I have both polished aluminum 17x9 front and 17x10.2 out back on 2180 and chrome FRPP 17x8's on 4175. I love the look of the polished and the size, but IN A HEART BEAT I would get chrome again. Especially with a True Blue. The chrome picks up the blue and just looks awesome! Not to mention they are 100 times easier to keep clean than the polished. I thought about black chrome but after seeing them in person decided they didn't look right (to me) with the True Blue. I would stay with the 17's due to the added cost of tires as mentioned above and I would get 17X9 and 17x10.5. Oh yes and I would stay with the Bullitts to me they just look RIGHT!

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
rangerdoc said:
I'd get black chrome bullitt style 18x9s in front and 18x10s in back. I'd also go with 40s vs 35s for the height of tire.
I've thought about that combo, but haven't seen it yet. If you do it Brent, do it before you move so I can see it. :lol: I'd like to get white Bullitts for the convertible. I think they'd look sharp.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
I thought about black chrome but after seeing them in person decided they didn't look right (to me) with the True Blue.
I agree. I would only do the black chromes on a DHG. I like the combo. I would avoid it with a black car because of the contrasting shades of black...just regular black would be ok.

Dave...I'm not going to do it until I need new tires. That means it may be several years at the rate I put miles on 1339. Heck, the tires may dry rot first! I think white would be cool on your convt. I always liked the old Saleens with white paint and white wheels (same for the yellow).

·
Registered
113 Posts
if i had money haha, id do the ccws like graves but with black centers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts