Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

If you bought wheels again...

1K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  Mr.BULLITT 
#1 ·
This is to those who have replaced their factory wheels.
If you were buying new wheels again, what would you get?
I am in the market now and would like some input from those with experience. Taking into account things like ease of cleaning, cost of tires to fit them, appearance, weight, cost of the wheels, fit, etc.
What would you select and why?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

#3 ·
I would go with 17" rims. The cost of tires for 17" vs 18" is about half. Other then that, I would still go with Deep Dish Bullitt's 17x9, 17x10.5

#4 ·
Love my 17 x 9 Wheel Replicas, front and back. I have had them for a couple of years now, and really like the way they look. I went with Kumho SPT 255/45 17's for the tires.

#6 ·
I would so put 17x9/10.5 on mine if I had the money. But I cant the wife like's the 20's...:(

#17 ·
I have both polished aluminum 17x9 front and 17x10.2 out back on 2180 and chrome FRPP 17x8's on 4175. I love the look of the polished and the size, but IN A HEART BEAT I would get chrome again. Especially with a True Blue. The chrome picks up the blue and just looks awesome! Not to mention they are 100 times easier to keep clean than the polished. I thought about black chrome but after seeing them in person decided they didn't look right (to me) with the True Blue. I would stay with the 17's due to the added cost of tires as mentioned above and I would get 17X9 and 17x10.5. Oh yes and I would stay with the Bullitts to me they just look RIGHT!

#18 ·
rangerdoc said:
I'd get black chrome bullitt style 18x9s in front and 18x10s in back. I'd also go with 40s vs 35s for the height of tire.
I've thought about that combo, but haven't seen it yet. If you do it Brent, do it before you move so I can see it. :lol: I'd like to get white Bullitts for the convertible. I think they'd look sharp.

#19 ·
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
I thought about black chrome but after seeing them in person decided they didn't look right (to me) with the True Blue.
I agree. I would only do the black chromes on a DHG. I like the combo. I would avoid it with a black car because of the contrasting shades of black...just regular black would be ok.

Dave...I'm not going to do it until I need new tires. That means it may be several years at the rate I put miles on 1339. Heck, the tires may dry rot first! I think white would be cool on your convt. I always liked the old Saleens with white paint and white wheels (same for the yellow).

#23 ·
I still love my Chrome Torge Thrust wheels. I just wish they were 18's instead of the OE 17x9s. However, the smaller stock size saves tons of money.

#24 ·
Karl Rodg88 said:
if i had money haha, id do the ccws like graves but with black centers.
Cheers to you!

A buddy is getting the black centered version, and he likes mine a lot, so we're going to swap to see how they look on each others cars. If we swap and like them, we're gonna keep them....so I might have the black centered ones....or I might not. We'll see. :)

#25 ·
I have the anthracite Shelby American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels in 17x8 / 17x9 with 245s / 275s. After seeing Rikki Racer's car this weekend, I'm very tempted to buy a pair of the 17x10.5s and put some 315s on it. Wow... all I can say is wow... His look AWESOME!

#26 ·
I've been thinking about wheels lately and I'm still trying to decide between 18x9 18x10 combo or doing a 17x9 17x10.5 (I really like the wider wheel with the deep lip). I would hate to get the 17's and then think the 18s would have been a better choice. Cheaper tires seems like a nice 'pro' for the 17's though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.