Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
:D Well that’s a SHOCKER!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
:D Interesting reads. Thanks for posting Tony.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
oh yes, it will be stupid money for sure. when you look at other items of the King of Cool that have been sold....big money. not surprised that Mecum has it....it will sell for more there than anywhere else. might have to slide over to Kisissimmee for that one just to see it.

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Administrator
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
might have to slide over to Kisissimmee for that one just to see it.

I am planning to go to this auction in January. I hope to see you there!

Reactions: VIC-TIM

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts

·
Administrator
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I beg to differ, that car needs nothing and should stay exactly as is, a survivor!

With this I agree.

It's ironic that the jump car is being restored to "perfect" after it was damaged from the stunts and found in the junkyard while the hero car has been used and appreciated in a family. Of course, it was repaired after the damage it received too before being sold from the studio, and repaired again after it was parked. The story of one's survivorship in a family vs one in a junkyard will make for an interesting contrast in values if the jump car is ever sold.

Personally, I'd buy the hero car as is for preservation and drive the jump car around more - haha!

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
I'll be there and hopefully see the both of you.:smile2:
time for sure for the Fl bullittheads to get together!!!!!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
With this I agree.

It's ironic that the jump car is being restored to "perfect" after it was damaged from the stunts and found in the junkyard while the hero car has been used and appreciated in a family. Of course, it was repaired after the damage it received too before being sold from the studio, and repaired again after it was parked. The story of one's survivorship in a family vs one in a junkyard will make for an interesting contrast in values if the jump car is ever sold.

Personally, I'd buy the hero car as is for preservation and drive the jump car around more - haha!
That is ironic, I never thought about it that way. Of course if I recall from a video, there wasn’t really much of a car left of the Jump car ‘558. I think it was just a shell with a VIN so they had no choice but to restore it.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
wonder if Chad will be there and wind up with his Dad's car. I would.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm not actually surprised. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Sean said he was building a garage back home for it once he finished the world tour but I'm guessing the enormity of what he has, and what is required to keep it has hit him. Not to mention selling it will set him and his family up for life so I can completely understand and respect why he has done it.

He needs to earn a living, so presumably cannot spend the next however many years following it around on display.

He has insured it over the years as most likely a 67 Mustang Fastback, but now he has to insure it as THE 67 Fastback Mustang Bullitt that is unique. I dread to think what insurance premiums would be on it.

He also would have to live with the fear of it getting stolen, so that means more money on security and lost sleep. At least the new buyer will have the deep pockets to keep on top of it.

In a way, I expect it will be a huge relief for him when it has a new owner.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
I am not surprised as the interest in the car is probably at an all time height. sell it while there is money out there for it and most likely close to the max he would ever get.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,133 Posts
Okay, I just posted the third thread on this. Do I hear a fourth? A fifth? Come on, people, let's see how many threads we can post on one topic! It'll be FUN!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts